Do innovation and creating game-changing technology drive you? Always thinking about how to improve the user experience? Love working on products that serve a big-picture purpose? Enjoy working with both techies and non-techies in a whirlwind professional environment where the stakes are high?
Arc XP is a fast-growing division of the Washington Post that is helping organizations around the world reinvent their digital presence with the same tools that power the Washington Post. The product team is responsible for defining and executing the future of the SaaS platform.Job Description
The Arc team is looking for a Senior Product Manager
to play a key part in defining the product strategy of Arc's video and asset management solution, Video Center, and will work closely with engineers, designers, and partners across the organization to ship and iterate on new features and functionality.
This candidate will have a history of bringing digital products to market, solid business acumen, clear written and verbal communications skills, and a history of hitting deadlines while delivering excellent products to users. This role will play an important part in improving the suite-wide product practices as we continually improve our approach to software development and delivery.
You should understand how to decompose and prioritize business and design requirements into something accomplishable by a team of engineers. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively to solve business, product, and technical challenges and lift blockers at all levels of an organization.
This person will:
- Develop, execute, and maintain a transparent, strategic road map for your products
- Lead prioritization on an ongoing basis by clearly articulating user problems, delivery timelines, trade-offs, objectives, and key results for various initiatives
- Assist with all aspects of the product lifecycle, including strategy, product requirements definition, design, competitive research, forecasting, launch plans, testing, and future enhancements
- Establish self as subject-matter expert on your products, best practices, competition, and the latest industry trends
- Regularly track product performance and success metrics, and report them to stakeholders
- 5-10 years of product management experience
- Experience analyzing customer feedback, user research, and performance data to guide product feature development
- Working knowledge of Agile processes and principles
- Experience with digital video including ingestion, editing, syndication and player technology.
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally among editorial, sales, technical, and executive teams, explaining complex concepts using appropriate terminology for stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience working on SaaS products, especially b2b offerings
- Experience with OTT or native application use of digital video.
- Experience building products for developers (API offerings)
Additional Job Description
- Position reports to Director, Content Products
- Candidates can be from any US Remote location or work from the Washington DC office (US Central Time work hours)
- 10% travel
Arc XP ( www.arcxp.com )is a cloud-based digital experience platform that helps enterprise companies, retail brands and media and entertainment organizations create and distribute content, drive digital commerce, and deliver powerful multichannel experiences. A division of The Washington Post, Arc XP has powered the digital transformation of customers across the globe, currently serving more than 1,500 sites in 25+ countries that reach more than 1.5 billion unique visitors monthly.
Built 100% on AWS, the Arc platform follows a microservice architecture. All of our software teams use dev ops to deliver and maintain products. Our processes are lightweight, which allows our teams to innovate quickly to bring new ideas to market. New features and products are deployed to our customer base every day.
Wherever you are in your life or career, The Washington Post offers comprehensive and inclusive benefits for every step of your journey:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company-paid pension and 401(k) match
- Three weeks of vacation and up to three weeks of paid sick leave
- Nine paid holidays and two personal days
- 20 weeks paid parental leave for any new parent
- Robust mental health resources
- Backup care and caregiver concierge services
- Gender affirming services
- Pet insurance
- Free Post digital subscription
- Leadership and career development program
Benefits may vary based on the job, full-time or part-time schedule, location, and collectively bargained status The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.