Provides functional system administration support for HR cloud-system HCM bolt-on applications in system review, configuration, implementation, and administration. This position works under general supervision of the HRIS Division Chief and the duties include but are not limited to:
Employment StandardsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following:
- Develops and maintains a general level of understanding of the functional operations and business processes in performance management, position descriptions, onboarding, recruitment, applicant tracking and learning management which the HR cloud systems support.
- Depending upon the complexity of the effort, participates in project planning activities, analysis, test planning, validation and related activities for on-going maintenance and development for assigned cloud-system(s).
- Determines causes of system-related issues and works with the HRIS team, DIT and vendors to determine resolution.
- Develops communication for system enhancements or upgrades and assists in providing change management and technical support to system end users.
- Evaluates, tests and validates user requests for system modification.
- Develops ad hoc reports upon request.
(Click on the aforementioned link to learn how Fairfax County interprets equivalencies for "Any combination, experience, and training equivalent to")
Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or a field related to the department where the information technology services are being used; plus two years of experience analyzing business processes and/or developing/maintaining the main business system, technical platform or a related system. NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- All newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (two weeks after the last required dose) as a condition of employment or obtain approval of a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. Proof of an exemption or vaccination status will be required during the pre-employment onboarding process. New employees who obtain an exemption from the vaccine mandate for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs may be subject to a weekly testing requirement. Vaccinated employees and employees with a medical or religious exemption will complete the attestation online on their first day of employment or shortly thereafter.
- The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Computers Science, Information Systems Management, or related field.
- Three or more years of experience working directly with customers and/or end users to gather and document business requirements.
- Three or more years of experience documenting as-is processes and converting them into to-be processes.
- Experience in providing application system administration support and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Familiar with the software development life cycle and the Agile methodology.
- Experience building, managing, and maintaining third-party vendor relationships.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization and project management skills, including time management, multitasking, and good attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to succinctly summarize key information and communicate effectively to a diverse group of team members, stakeholders, and senior leadership.
- High level of business and technology curiosity with a focus on continuous learning.
- Proven ability to work independently, or in a team environment; must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact in a friendly, service-oriented, and professional manner with internal and external customers.
- Experience or familiarity with various technical tools - MS SharePoint environments, Microsoft Power Platform, and various reporting solutions (i.e., Crystal Reports, Cognos, Power BI, Tableau, and SSRS, etc.).
- Experience in working with data from multiple sources and in variety of formats, i.e., Excel, CSV, databases, etc.
Job is generally sedentary in nature; however, employee must be sufficiently mobile to attend meetings and make presentations. Employee may be required to lift and carry up to 15 pounds. Incumbent must be able to operate keyboard driven equipment. Visual acuity is required to read data on a computer monitor and in printed format. Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Panel interview and may include exercise.
The population of Fairfax County is very diverse where 39.8% of residents speak a language other than English at home (Spanish, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indo-European, and others
) and we encourage candidates bilingual in English and a foreign language to apply to this opportunity.Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or military status in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.