Budget Analyst I
Budget Analyst I
Job ID: 2022-11310
The Budget Analyst is responsible for the proper set-up and consequent monitoring of projects against budgets and available cash, reviewing and approving changes, and investigating variances between anticipated costs and actual costs. The Analyst ensures consistent financial reporting at project levels by following industry practices while serving as a departmental liaison for day-to-day issues to the Facilities, Technology Services, and Accounting teams. The Analyst also interprets and implements financial concepts for operational planning and fiscal control; performs analyses to determine present and future financial performance; and gathers, analyzes, prepares, reviews, and summarizes financial plans, forecasts and variance analyses in support of the University’s operations.
• Monitor, analyze, and report on business performance for all active capital projects, including timing and receipt of donor funding, bond allocation needs and schedules, and scope changes to ensure projects stay within approved financial limits.
• Investigate project cost, cash, and budget variances, and prepare appropriate solutions to problems (ie. PAF modifications, budget revisions, etc.).
• Maintain, support, and prep Project Manager hourly labor tracking records for division of compensation into expensed costs and capitalized costs. Work with other units within the Finance division to maintain an auditable trail of capitalized labor costs.
• Monitor project cash availability and project budget availability, with particular attention to carry-forward cash, current year cash transfer requests, fiscal year budget, and fiscal year budget (re)allocations. Reconcile internal capital project records with University capital budget records.
• Assist with the preparation, distributions and upload of budgets into the financial system. Review, enter, and track budget revisions.
• Close out projects upon completion in conjunction with General Accounting.
• Coordinate and perform certain monthly, quarterly, and annual financial planning, forecasting, and variance analysis reports.
• Consolidate departmental capital requests for the annual planning process undertaken by the University Budget Committee.
• Assist with the training of department financial representatives on the appropriate use of the University financial system, fund accounting, chart field accounts, reporting tools and policies. Receive and respond to budgetary questions by the University community.
Bachelor’s Degree with at least two (2) years of relevant experience. Must have experience with enterprise financial systems (Oracle preferred, but not required), and strong spreadsheet skills (Excel).
Demonstrated skills in financial analysis, forecasting and modeling.
Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
Experience with databases preferred.
Highly motivated, self-starter with strong financial and analytical skills.
Strong problem solving skills coupled with strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work independently and the ability to meet multiple deadlines and work under pressure.
High level of discretion.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3445148
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.