Locations: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Service Desk Agent - L1
Capital One is seeking a customer service oriented Service Desk Agent to provide technical support to users in an efficient and accurate manner. You will be considered as the firm's front line and you will solve basic technical problems while providing support for all assigned areas. The goal is to make sure that Capital One associate value is maintained to the standards set forth by the company. This is a call center environment with a steady flow of issues, needs and requests from internal end users. Responsibilities:
- Provide application support through remote access tools to resolve internal end user issues
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to calls or chats received to the Capital One Service Desk
- Interact with end users via soft phone or chat modules to resolve primarily software issues but may get questions about hardware
- Remotely access and support end-user machines to achieve first call resolution
- Utilize Service Now as the ticketing tool to track and escalate tickets for end users
- Assist with onboarding of new Agents by training and allow others to shadow
- Perform other tasks as needed by the Service Desk Managers
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of remote help desk support experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering, equivalent certification or military experience
- ITIL Certification
- 1+ years of equivalent Mac support experience or Mac Integrated Basics Certificate
- 1+ years of experience troubleshooting Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating systems
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).