The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
The purpose of this position is to ensure the timely and accurate processing and management of certification applications, forms, and certification program activities in accordance to certification policies and procedures. The Certification Manager processes and evaluates applications and certification status change requests while providing superior customer service in each individual case. The Certification Manager ensures that individuals receive accurate, timely, and thorough assistance throughout the certification process. Ongoing improvement of computer skills, database management, knowledge of certification standards and policies, and ability to prioritize numerous functions and evaluate and interpret data from various sources are major components of this position.
- Process and evaluate certification applications and documentation to determine eligibility in accordance with current certification standards and policies.
- Manage workflow and tasks effectively in AMS and/or certification management system, prioritizing time-sensitive tasks first and completing work within pre-established time frames.
- Establish and maintain appropriate database records in AMS and/or certification management system for applicants and certificants. Ensure data integrity, document management and control, and consistent processing and business rule application to all certification records in AMS and/or certification management system.
- Provide proactive and ongoing communications and guidance to applicants, certificants, and/or members via telephone or in writing.
- Provide guidance and answer inquiries about certification maintenance policies.
- Resolve applicant and certificant issues and complaints using consistent messaging and referencing standards, policies, and procedures.
- Work collaboratively across departments with Information Systems, Action Center (Customer Service), Finance, Membership, Continuing Education, and other ASHA National Office units to develop streamlined and automated solutions.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Baccalaureate degree
- Previous experience with a credentialing agency; experience working in an NCCA or ANSI ISO/IEC 17024 accredited or certification program preferred
- Previous experience with data entry, data management, and customer service required
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and speedily enter data in a database
- Experience with Windows and Microsoft Word; demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel preferred
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to complete a large volume of work within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications, business correspondence
- Ability to work independently while also functioning in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative
- Dedication to providing superior customer service