SIGNING BONUS ELIGIBLE
Bright Beginnings, Inc. is non-profit organization that operates early childhood and family learning centers for families experiencing homelessness. Our mission is to meet the needs of children and families living in homeless environments by: providing children with a safe, nurturing educational environment; preparing children to enter kindergarten ready to learn; and supporting homeless parents to stabilize their home lives and become self-sufficient.
Summary: The Bookkeeper is responsible for tracking our organization’s revenue, expenses, and taxes, as well as producing financial reports. This positions is also responsible for auditing our books for accuracy. The position must be well versed in generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), federal grants and Uniform Grant Guidance.
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Responsible for entering vendor bills, paying bills, preparing 1099’s, reconciling monthly credit card statement, and posting daily cash receipts.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
- Attend all required individual and team supervision sessions/meetings.
- Participate in all required professional development opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mission and culture alignment
- 2+ years of bookkeeping experience, nonprofit bookkeeping experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; finance or related field
- Knowledge of current audit and accounting concepts, including GAAP
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Excel, QuickBooks Online, Bill.com and financial management software (e.g. SalesForce & Transaction Pro)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with excellent attention to detail, organizing data, producing reports and meeting deadlines
- Excellent client relationship and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate flexibility in work settings, maturity of judgment and ability to work collegially
- Must maintain training and professional development credits
- Be able to walk, squat/kneel, sit on floor, see, hear and speak.
- Be able to raise objects from a lower to higher location or moving objects horizontally from one location to another.
- Be able to sit for extended periods of time in front of a computer.