The American Physiological Society (APS) was founded in 1887 and is a global leader in expanding knowledge related to biological function. It connects a multidisciplinary community of nearly 10,000 scientists and educators from around the world, driving collaboration and spotlighting scientific discoveries in physiology and related disciplines. The members are advancing treatments and cures for everything from cancer and heart disease to obesity and addiction. They are also deepening insight into living organisms, helping us to better understand how things like climate change are affecting the world around us.
APS seeks a dynamic and energetic individual eager to assist the Engagement department in crucial projects that align with the organizational strategic goals. This is a Fall 2022 Temporary Part-Time Remote position with a gross hourly rate of $16.00. Duration from September to December 2022.
- Fulfill tasks set out by the Engagement department.
- Perform research at the request of the Engagement on institutions and affiliated campuses.
- Assist with data integrity projects to include:
- Assign GRID (Global Research Identifier Database) ID to member institutions
- Research status of existing members
- Duplicate record clean up Various other data set clean up to help standardize APS member records
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Proficient in MS Office (specifically Excel)
- Communication (Verbal and Written)
- Research and analytical skills
- Experience with CRM (preferred)
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Sound judgement
Preferred Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Association experience is a plus
- A strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office with focus on Excel
- Ability to multitask
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals with Disabilities:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact FASEB’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
To learn more about APS, please visit www.physiology.org
District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia applicants only.
APS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.