314 Main Street (21020), United States of America, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Sr Associate - Product Management, On Demand Finance
Do you want to be part of a team transforming an entire department by discovering business needs, uncovering where value lies, and working with technology, design, subject-matter expert, and finance professionals to create product solutions? Do you want to work in a fast-paced new product development team? Does the idea of interfacing with internal customers and across functions to do discovery and research, to find solutions that drive value, excite you? If so, we want you!
Our product team is part of a larger group focused on the transformation of Finance at Capital One. On Demand Finance is what we are calling our transformation journey and we have a clear vision of the destination. We are currently focused on reimagining our associate experience, reducing manual work and enabling associates to leverage streaming and enriched data so they can provide real-time insights that enable enhanced decision making at every level. Ultimately our Product journey will transform the Finance organization and how we develop and deliver critical business outcomes, in addition to how we engage with partners across Capital One.
As the Sr Associate, Product Management your role will be to create and grow our products into something that our finance associates will love. You'll work with internal customers and stakeholders to determine what is working (or not), research and develop new features, own product initiatives, manage and prioritize roadmaps, and lead the product owners within your Agile development teams.
You will have accountability for the full product management lifecycle of a product and the teams responsible for delivering it to our Finance customers. This is a highly collaborative role, where success requires being able to get into the weeds with the product and development teams, as well as being able to influence and engage executive and internal stakeholders in support of the product vision.
As the Sr Associate, Product Management, you will:
- Create amazingly intuitive solutions that deliver business value and improved associate experience
- Confidently create and communicate your Product strategy across organizations and teams to influence stakeholders to align behind the objectives
- Lead road mapping, goal setting, story writing, product execution, testing, and product roll-out strategy
- Build product learning agendas and OKRs to measure success/failure
- Execute with a sense of urgency to deliver solutions and on priorities
- Work independently across geographically diverse teams.
- Demonstrate strong ability to intuitively identify impediments on the critical path and unblock them.
- Use excellent communication skills in navigating a matrixed organization
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making
- Influence cross-team agendas proactively to deliver outcomes while balancing short and long term objectives
- Champion the use of the right technology to deliver on product initiatives and strategic intents
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile product management
- At least 2 years of financial services product experience
- Familiarity with advanced statistical modeling techniques
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).