Technical Consultant, Process Consultant
Technical Consultant, Process Consultant: Service Delivery
Position #: 127698
The Process Consultant: Service Delivery in the Division of Information Technology (DIT) at the University of Maryland, College Park, leads process improvement engagements in administrative and academic units, focused on improving enterprise operations. They lead cross-functional teams and engage in independent work to identify, scope, assess, and provide recommendations to leaders on campus. In addition to experience leading process improvement efforts, the ideal candidate will have experience with organizational and complex organizational design. Activities will include interviewing, facilitating discovery sessions, process modeling, and developing recommendation briefs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- At least 3 years of demonstrated process/analysis experience in industry or academic settings
- Experiencing executing change and/or business process improvement efforts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Superior analytical skills, logic, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity and ability to learn on the fly to understand and solve new problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written in a manner that is clear, logical, and consistent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively work as a team and independently.
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience working with ServiceNow
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with higher education
- Medical, [uhr.umd.edu] dental [uhr.umd.edu], and vision [uhr.umd.edu]coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission [uhr.umd.edu] for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package [uhr.umd.edu] to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits [uhr.umd.edu] created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more… [uhr.umd.edu]
Salary range is $80,000-$95,000. **This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers required to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
Best consideration date: 09/30/2022 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/99686
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.