Westat is currently seeking PC Technical Support staff to work Monday through Friday (8:30 am - 5:00 pm) at our Gaithersburg, MD warehouse.
Successful candidates must have excellent oral and written communication, be detailed-oriented, have a highly organized approach to work, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks. Punctuality and consistent adherence to assignment work schedules are essential. The ideal candidate will be able to work both independently and as part of a team. They will also be familiar with Microsoft Surface Pro Tablets and/or Chromebooks and their operating systems.Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Report/Maintain large scale inventory control.
- Perform large scale imaging of tablets and Chromebooks.
- Package equipment for distribution and shipping using FedEx, including tracking and sharing information with recipients.
- Receive equipment delivered to the cloning facility, sort, and check in.
- Identify computer related problems and repair them.
- Decommission equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Production Facility organization and cleaning.
- Support project and corporate staff with any questions or implementations needed regarding the equipment.
- Interact with Westat's project and corporate staff to resolve any hardware/software computer issues.
- Other duties as needed.
- May need to travel to Westat trainings to assist in set-up, break down, and/or repairs.
- High School Diploma or GED is required to apply
- Must be comfortable working with tablet computers
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Must be able to work full-time, 40 hours/week
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for Westat. Westat requires Westat staff, regardless of work location, to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire, and to follow all safety protocols, subject to approved accommodations under applicable law. Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.