is seeking a Resilience Analyst
to join our multi-disciplinary and action-oriented team (preferred location: Fairfax, VA, open to remote). This position will support the Resilience Solutions Group at the intersection of planning, policy, and technical analysis in hazard mitigation, emergency management, and climate change adaptation. Related areas of technical focus for this position include but are not limited to: data science, applied computation, economic analysis, risk assessment, and demographic modeling.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Effectively work at the intersection of planning and technology in the fields of natural hazard mitigation, emergency management, and climate change adaptation.
- Perform analyses of data and information that support the execution of technical studies relating to economic and demographic analysis; hazard, vulnerability, and risk modeling; and resilience strategy development.
- Support the application and dissemination of scientific research, data analytics, and engineering products in the context of climate change resilience and emergency management
- Build and execute tools to manage and monitor data assets. Employ FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable) data principles to support data management.
- Conceptualize and support the development of digital communication and decision-making tools, including data analytics dashboards, map viewers, and custom web applications. Support the design of front-end user interfaces and experiences, employing user testing and user-centric design principles.
- Prepare studies, reports, guides, and other technical documents. Employ a mix of written, visual, and verbal communication techniques to explain complex technical topics to various audiences.
- Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives.
- Work on a diverse array of related projects within the Resilience Solutions Group to acquire supplementary technical and programmatic knowledge/skills.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- 0-5 years of experience.
- Bachelor's in Data Science, Computational Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Planning, Policy Analysis, Environmental Science, or another related field.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfort working with large geospatial datasets and performing or directing quantitative analyses.
- Hands-on expertise with Python/SQL for use in data access, discovery, and analysis
- Ability to synthesize, analyze, and organize a large volume of complex information into a clear and coherent description.
- Knowledge and ability to use standard data processing and visualization software such as Tableau, Power BI, qGIS, ArcMap/ArcPro, and ArcGIS Online.
- Ability to be self-motivated and function both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Well-developed time management skills, especially the ability to complete high-quality, detail-oriented deliverables on tight timelines amid competing deadlines within a diverse work group.
- Ability to perform an expanded array of tasks assigned by senior-level staff, designed to broaden experience and familiarization with methods, practices, and programs applicable to the department.
- Ability to exercise initiative, resourcefulness, and tact in obtaining and analyzing information related to resilience planning.
- Ability to get along with coworkers and superiors.
Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record and ability to pass a driving record background check. Don't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for our employee's. So if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
- Work environment responsibilities may occasionally require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Occasionally, will be required to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
- Computers, telephones, copiers, and printers are all used to perform tasks.
- Work is typically performed within an office, although field/site visits may be occasionally required.
- Works under the direct supervision of higher-level staff. Work is often reviewed for accuracy by senior staff.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.