Manifest is a proudly independent content marketing agency, with honors that include Content Marketing Agency of the Year, a Silver Effie for Sustained Excellence, and Digiday’s 2022 Content Agency Partner of the Year. At Manifest, we build businesses and brands by delivering unmistakable content in just the right context. We don’t hire people who fit in. We hire disruptors who add to our culture. We embrace different backgrounds, different experiences, differing opinions, discussion, and productive debate. It is through embracing our differences that our greatest work is achieved. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, identity, disability status, sexual orientation, national origin, and experience is what has powered us thus far, and it is what will ensure we stay Unmistakable.
We are hiring a Senior Editor for one of our largest and fastest growing accounts – a Fortune 200 company, whose accolades include Content Marketing Program of the Year. We seek a vibrant, engaged, strategic thinker who thrives on the creative process and delivering impactful creative work. Focused on our government technology vertical, which includes federal as well as state and local governments, this role will own the content strategy and participate in the fulfillment of that strategy for an exciting, multi-channel media brand. This role is based (hybrid) in Washington, D.C., and reports to the Associate Editorial Director.
- Develop and evolve the content strategy for the federal and state and local government verticals, aligning to client business objectives.
- Develop and maintain a multi-channel editorial calendar that delivers on content strategy, leading regular internal and client-facing reviews of the holistic content plan.
- Participate in the evaluation of content performance, developing monthly recommendations for performance-based content strategy shifts.
- Lead and present creative concepts in collaboration with various disciplines to internal and external teams.
- Write, edit, and produce content that aligns with marketing and business objectives and audience engagement metrics.
- Approximately 5+ years of experience in journalism; government or technology experience a plus.
- Strategic writing and editing skills and ability to craft compelling narrative on deadline.
- Experience with content management systems, HTML and CSS.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required. Agency experience a plus.