Summary Building Manager Huntsville, AL
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level! Our Strength Is Our People
We believe taking care of our employees will deliver the best support to our customers and our community. Our success is attributable to our employees. We recruit and retain civic-minded people who fit our family-oriented small business culture.
Valued people deliver the highest level of professionalism and support to our customers. We provide our employees with a positive work environment and social activities that reinforce teamwork.
This individual will work on our TEAMS Logistics contract supporting the Missile Defense Agency (MDA). Venturi is the logistics services prime contractor for the agency. With over eighty Venturi employees and another twenty plus subcontractor employees, our company provides the full gamut of logistics services (requirements definition, acquisition, transportation, property accountability and management, inventory, lifecycle sustainment, integrated product support elements, etc.) to ensure mission success at multiple MDA facilities around the world.
The Building Manager
will provide overarching physical building management and operate in a cost-effective manner the assets (property, administrative facilities, infrastructure, and services) necessary to support the MDA mission while enhancing the safety and quality of the workplace environment. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As an Building Manager
within our TEAMS Logistics contract supporting the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) team, you will:
- Facility management for each MDA facility in the Huntsville, AL area. Building Managers must maintain a working knowledge of the operations and functions that occur in the assigned building.
- Provide oversight, coordination, and scheduling of all maintenance and repair activities required to protect the physical and functional integrity of the facility.
- Manage all operating systems that contribute to the proper functioning of the building, including electrical power distribution, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), elevator, water, sewer, and fire protection.
- Manage all unique systems/equipment that impacts normal facility operation and occupancy.
- Serve as the daily MDA interface with facility owners and occupants.
- Serve as focal point of contact for facility maintenance, housekeeping, tours, visits, and other activities that affect the facility.
- Initiate and manage requests for repair of facility systems and equipment.
- Represent the interests of the facility on safety and operations committees.
- Serve as point of contact for work performed by outside subcontractors.
- Serve as point of contact for reporting all accidents that occur in the facility or within the immediate vicinity of the facility.
- Support fire protection, bomb threat, medical, severe weather, evacuation, and other emergency plans.
- Ensure appropriate signage is provided for the facility.
- Perform recurring walk-through inspections of the facility and act to correct noted deficiencies.
- Report safety and health violations.
- Assess occupant satisfaction with facility services.
- Receive, review, and act on all facility inspection reports.
- Follow up on unresolved, current, or recurrent deficiencies or work orders.
- Ensure all documentation of sustainment, maintenance, repair, and operations are recorded on Archibus CAFM, Velocity, or other government provided record keeping systems.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of facility management experience OR
- High school diploma or GED and and 6+ years of facility management experience may be substituted for bachelor's degree
- Interim secret clearance required
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
How you'll grow
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, electrical schematics, facility drawings, repair manuals, and/or parts catalogs
- Ability to use common tools, like hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices
- Experience performing routine maintenance
- Strong organizational and follow up skills required
- Ability to provide detailed reporting and records keeping
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical systems (elevators, lighting, and electrical circuits)
- Good customer and people skills and communication ability
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday as required
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program