Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat is seeking a Senior Public Health Researcher in Public Health to lead and support large and small domestic and international research studies and program evaluations across a range of topics in epidemiology and public health. You will collaborate and and consult with networks of external investigators and internal project team members on your work designing and implementing studies and evaluations. You will provide support to projects including study design, protocol development, overseeing project staff, timelines and budget, and providing oversight and input into data management and analytics.
- Responsible for all stages of study implementation from study conceptualization and design, to protocol development, through data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Advise external investigators and collaborators to ensure timely project execution and high quality deliverables.
- Manage project budgets, developing technical, staffing and cost proposals.
- Ensure project is on schedule and within budget
- Supervise staff and interact with clients and collaborators
- Contribute to manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed and technical journals as applicable.
- Master's degree in public health or a related social science field with 10 years of research experience; or a PhD in public health or related social science field with 8 years of experience.
- Experience managing project budgets, developing staffing and cost proposals
- Experience managing or leading public health projects
- Experience working in a contracting environment
- Experience presenting research findings to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Collaboration with teams, managers and/or clients
- Organization skills, including time management ability
- Detail oriented
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for Westat. As a federal government contractor, Westat will require Westat staff, regardless of work location, to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire and to follow all safety protocols, subject to approved accommodations under applicable law.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.