The Application Developer, Sr.
provides planning, design, testing, and training for complex, special-purpose systems that are used to support critical development efforts. The Application Developer, Sr.
will be required to create business process model (BPM) workflows, configure, and extend Appian objects, and implement the system logic necessary to satisfy the requirements. The Application Developer, Sr.
will also be responsible for maximizing availability, performance, and security and support the evolution of the systems to accommodate changes in technology and mission requirements. Responsibilities
- Complete the delivery of design, code, or testing for modules or multiple features and enablers.
- Analyze user requirements and define technical project scope and assumptions for backlog grooming ceremonies.
- Prepare requirements definition, design, and technical specifications as part of sprint planning.
- Create business and/or technical designs for new or modified features or enablers.
- Complete system configuration per specifications.
- Triage and resolve configuration issues.
- Assist and guide the customer in writing test plans and test cases to ensure testing aligns with the requirements presented.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years of additional experience may be used in lieu of a degree or relevant higher-level certifications may be used in lieu of experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with software application design, development, testing, and engineering duties are required
- 4+ years of experience with the Appian BPM Platform is required
- Appian Certified Senior Developer or Appian Certified Lead Developer certification required
- Possess and maintain a valid state motor vehicle operator's license
- Background check required and secret clearance eligible
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
- Active secret clearance is desired or the ability to obtain a secret clearance.
- Experience with Agile and/or federal software development environments preferred.
- Experience with systems and software architecture is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and understand what is being described by the end-user, including the ability to explain problem resolutions when necessary.
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral).
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to analyze system functionality with customers and resolve production issues.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision or guidance.
- Ability to occasionally work after hours and/or on-call support.
- Ability to work well under pressure with some tight deadlines and with ambiguity on some projects.
- Demonstrate ability to analytically address complex problems, process critical data, establish facts, and draw quality conclusions.
- May be required to attend training as needed and support all project activities in relation to product delivery.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program