Dewberry is currently seeking Remote Sensing and GIS Software Developer Interns
for our Fairfax, VA
and Tampa, FL
offices for Summer 2023
Dewberry's Geospatial and Technology Services creates geospatial solutions for real-world engineering, environmental, and community problems. Our developers implement geospatial solutions for mobile, web, and desktop for government and commercial clients. Do you enjoy working on an Agile, full-stack development team that:
- Creates geospatial solutions using Esri and open-source software.
- Collects requirements, assesses technologies, conceptualizes alternatives, and designs and develops rock-solid solutions.
- Analyzes geospatial and non-spatial data, leveraging data science and machine learning techniques to gather and visualize business intelligence.
- Marries wide ranging technologies likeBIM, Cloud, AI/ML, Point Cloud, 3D models into geospatial solutions.
- Enjoys inside access to Esri and their full ecosystem as a Business and Developer Partner.
- Grows your career through working with a wide array of clients in a multidisciplinary capacity.
*Locat candidates preferred; no housing stipend provided.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Candidates will have strong interest in and capacity to learn geospatial software applications for desktop, web, and mobile with an emphasis on appropriate architecture, code hygiene and documentation. business analytics, elevation data, imagery, and horizontal and vertical asset management. Working on the development team will be varied to include:
- Managing spatial databases and Esri web services
- Help complete software trial and assessment for Geocortex products
- Curating Esri Portal content and metadata
- Automating processes using python, FME or equivalent tools
- Apply statistical, numerical and/or computer application techniques.
- Participate in testing, supporting and deploying tools and preparing technical documentation.
- Manage tasks, assignments and project schedules inside Agile project management software.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Anticipated Bachelor's degree in computer science, GIS or other relevant geospatial or science related field.
- Excellent problem-solving, verbal and written communication, design development, and debugging skills.
- Ability to work independently using strong organizational skills and operate effectively in team settings using an agile software development approach.
- Maintain and support application(s) according to changing business/mission requirements.
- Working knowledge of relational database managements systems such as SQL Server or PostgreSQL.
- Experience publishing ESRI RESTweb services.
- Familiarity and understanding of Esri ArcGIS and Open Source geospatial software platforms/packages
- Experience with agile-based development environments, source control systems (i.e. GIT), and build automation systems.
- UI/UX design
- Understanding of commercial cloud providers (CCPs) and their offerings and pricing (i.e. AWS, Azure).
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.