Position Number: 127583
Payroll Title: Program Manager
Functional Title: Program Manager, Laboratory Services
Category: Exempt Regular
Location: The Universities at Shady Grove, Rockville, MD 20850
Posting Date: 08/24/2022
Closing Date: 09/24/2022
The Facilities and Planning department oversees the building operation and maintenance of the Universities at Shady Grove. The Program Manager Laboratory Services will be responsible to oversee all laboratories in conjunction with the various academic programs in the USG Biomedical Sciences and Engineering Education Building (BSE). The Program Manager will be responsible for day-to-day operations, coordinate equipment sharing, equipment inventory and asset management, equipment procurement, and efficient operation and maintenance of laboratory environmental and building systems.
The BSE is the fourth building on the Universities at Shady Grove (USG) campus. Completed in November 2019, the addition of the BSE enables USG and its university partners to set a new standard in delivering high-quality, higher education — baccalaureate, professional, and advanced graduate degrees — to directly meet the region’s economic and workforce development needs.
The BSE has been thoughtfully designed to prepare students in real-world settings for some of today’s most sought-after careers in our region’s fastest growing industries. Programs in this building — including healthcare, biosciences, engineering, and computational science disciplines — will serve thousands of students from USG, and create the capacity to double the size of the current student body.
▪ Bachelor’s Degree. Required Experience:
▪ 5 years of related experience in technical laboratories and facilities and a demonstrated understanding of multiple lab management and safety practices. Position requires extensive interaction with administration, faculty, technical support, Procurement and other University personnel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
▪ Knowledge and understanding of building facilities, building operations and/or information technology and data management systems
▪ Experience working with procurement, inventory, and maintenance of Laboratory equipment
▪ Experience in using Microsoft Office with strong proficiency in Excel including the creation of pivot tables, diagrams, documents and presentations
▪ Demonstrated experience with data management, critical thinking and attention to detail
▪ Excellent written and communication skills
▪ Excellent customer service skills.
▪ Work is performed in both an office environment and in the field. Incumbent will be required to perform hands-on tasks with equipment which will require the ability to lift, bend, stoop, and working at heights. Incumbent must be able to wear and work in personal protective equipment. Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
This position is located in Rockville, MD.
Women and Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please visit https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/99305.