Social Media Specialist (Hybrid Work Schedule)
6 days left
- Full Time
Do you want to join a mission-driven organization that makes a difference in the U.S. cancer care and healthcare landscape? Do you enjoy working in the social media and public relations space?
ASTRO, the American Society for Radiation Oncology, is looking for a smart and ambitious individual to join our team as the Social Media Specialist. Under the direction of the Director of Public Relations and Strategic Communications, the individual will create and execute ASTRO’s social media strategies directed to our healthcare and patient audiences; work with Society stakeholders to manage ASTRO’s social media messaging and campaigns; develop and execute strategies to promote RT Answers, ASTRO’s patient education campaign; and report and analyze results.
NOTE: ASTRO offers a hybrid work environment. The position is based in Arlington, VA at ASTRO’s headquarters and eligible for immediate telework up to 3x/week. All employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition for employment. ASTRO follows the CDC for indoor mask-wearing guidance.
In this role, the Social Media Specialist will:
- Drive social engagements by serving as the primary online strategist; includes spearheading social initiatives on Twitter. Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
- Create and manage social campaigns that reach and engage audiences to ensure ASTRO’s voice is presented in a professional tone.
- Assist with creating or editing multimedia assets (video/podcasts/infographics, etc.) for use on social channels.
- Manage ASTRO Annual Meeting social efforts including pre-show marketing and live meeting promotion Manage member volunteers who serve as Annual Meeting Social Champions including recruitment, training and meeting support as well as volunteers for the Ask a Radiation Oncologist video series.
- Support other ASTRO meeting and education social efforts including pre-meeting registration efforts and live-meeting social promotions.
- Provide technical and online support for live/recorded education sessions.
- Support to the Public Relations & Press departments with news coverage, analysis and other duties as needed
- Work on special projects as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- 3-5 years of work experience using social media for education or advocacy purposes.
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms; ability to write and present social media strategy plans, results and evaluations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to manage Society promotion communications on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn using Hootsuite or similar platform.
- Execution and analysis of Google AdWords and other search engine campaigns.
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research, Google Tag Manager, and Google Analytics.
- Ability to package and deliver creative content (text, image and video) in outreach efforts; ability to grasp trends in digital technologies and act proactively.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills – providing analysis and trends of results to drive new strategies and tactics.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically on behalf of the Society with social media replies/comments.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Editing capabilities for videos/podcasts for use on social channels preferred.
- Ability to work independently as the dedicated social media specialist.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other ASTRO divisions.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (required), Hootsuite, Canva, and Streamyard (preferred).
General open-office environment, individual cubicles and assigned work spaces. Some travel required during ASTRO’s Annual Meeting, less than 5% during the year.
ASTRO offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Flexible work arrangements which include flexible start and end times, hybrid teleworking with the option to telecommute up to three days per week, compressed workweeks with alternate Friday’s off and more.
- Commuter benefits with company-paid subsidy each month
- 36 days of paid time off: 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) annually and 13 Paid Holidays
- Student loan repayment assistance + tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance effective 1st of the month after hire, majority company paid 401K with immediate company contribution
- After 1 year of employment, you are eligible for one month of “work from anywhere” per year; after 10 years, you are eligible for a fully paid 1-month sabbatical leave Employer paid short- and long-term disability insurance and more
Please see our website www.astro.org for more information about ASTRO.
To apply, submit a cover letter (required) with salary range and a resume by clicking:
We are an equal/affirmative action employer.