Chief Housing Officer
The Chief Housing Officer works under the supervision of the President & CEO. To further the mission of the Coalition, the Chief Housing Officer works closely with the other members of the staff, especially the Chief Economic Development Officer and Director of Advocacy and Community Engagement, to develop and advance affordable housing and homelessness prevention policy priorities and strategies. The Chief Housing Officer supervises the Director of Housing Programs and manages the District of Columbia Landlord Partnership Fund.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Board of Directors, Housing Committee, and Working Groups to develop CNHED policy and advocacy positions on affordable housing and homelessness prevention issues.
- Coordinate and staff CNHED Working Groups under the Housing Committee.
- Ensure effective communication with District officials, members of the media, CNHED members and partners, community members, advocacy allies, and key opinion leaders around housing policy and advocacy issues.
- Analyze and write legislation, regulations, policies, and position papers.
- Write and deliver testimony for public hearings.
- Research and develop CNHED policy and advocacy positions on affordable housing and homelessness prevention issues.
- Co-lead the DC Preservation Network, coordinating federal and local government agency representatives, tenant advocates, housing developers, and lawyers to track and preserve the affordability of over 39,000 units of publicly assisted housing.
- Facilitate working groups, committees, and task forces on topics related to housing production and preservation, homeownership, tenant rights, supportive and resident services, and homelessness prevention.
- Act as principal investigator on affordable housing- and homelessness-prevention-related research reports.
- Conceptualize, develop, and write affordable-housing- and homelessness-prevention-related grant and contract proposals and applications.
- Coordinate with the Director of Advocacy and Communications to develop and implement advocacy plans and strategies. Educate and recruit members as advocates around affordable housing and homelessness prevention issues. Maintain strong working relations with advocacy allies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s college degree is required, plus an advanced degree in related field preferred, with ten years of relevant experience.
- Prior work experience in affordable housing
- Prior experience in policy work and advocacy
- Ability to lead research projects Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to interact with diverse individuals and organizations.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Familiarity with community development in the District of Columbia is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
CNHED offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, employer retirement contributions, paid vacation and sick leave, teleworking, and an optional deferred salary retirement plan. Salary is commensurate with experience and a track record of accomplishments. This position is exempt from overtime wages.
Please email a resume (with " Chief Housing Officer “in the subject line) along with a cover letter of interest and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. The position is open until filled. References may be required. CNHED is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply.
Apply for Chief Housing Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly