- MV+A Architects
- Washington D.C.
- Sep 08, 2022
- Oct 13, 2022
- Human Resources, Operations / Logistics
- Specialty Trades
- Career Level
- Executive (Director, VP, Department Head, etc)
- Full Time
At MV+A Architects, we are passionate about sharing ideas and creating a striking, contextual, and impactful built environment. We have a deep expertise in working with developers, local jurisdictions, communities, anchor retail tenants and other project stakeholders in creating thoughtfully designed plans and buildings that successfully contribute to the community fabric and enhance social engagement.
We are seeking a qualified professional with extensive experience in professional services to coordinate and lead the firm’s operations. The ideal candidate has broad experience in both accounting and human resources, is open to mastering Ajera software, and loves working in a creative atmosphere. This is a unique opportunity to fill a critical role at an established, respected, and very successful firm, working with a diverse and creative staff as we design a wide variety of mixed-use and retail projects. You will work closely with the firm’s Principals and Associates to build and maintain the critical infrastructure required for a growing firm. Your initiative and collaborative attitude will be integral in the successful operations of MV+A Architects.
Your Typical Day
- Oversee all firm-wide financial operations working with an accounting assistant and an off-site CFO.
- Ensure all HR policies and practices are adhered to and aligned with firm values and objectives.
- Maintain updated balance sheets, weekly, monthly and annual closing reports, account reconciliations and internal controls.
- Coordinate and manage bi-monthly payroll activities and benefits management.
- Manage office administrative support activities and identify solutions for process inefficiencies.
- Primary management and staff liaison for administrative issues.
- Oversee the firm’s insurance policies and compliance.
- Manage a variety of software, hardware and systems with an off-site technology consultant.
- Bachelor’s degree, preference for an accounting or business focus. Experience in a professional services environment. Proven ability to successfully communicate within a busy office and with clients, consultants, and vendors. Experience with AJERA software or equivalent. Experience with Payroll Network or equivalent. Strong desire to lead and mentor our administrative staff including an accounting assistant and office manager. Be a person of great initiative and have a thirst for learning.
Benefits include a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.