1307 Walt Whitman (22600), United States of America, Melville, New York
Syndications Loan Closer - Sr. Associate Summary The Syndications Loan Closer is primarily responsible for the closing & booking of syndicated commercial loans where Capital One is the Administrative Agent, supporting a wide variety of industries across Capital One's commercial bank.
The associate will drive the syndicated loan closing process in support of the underwriter, capital markets and the syndicate bank group, including the review of credit approvals, legal documentation, due diligence, & funding & booking mechanics. The ability to learn quickly and to adapt to change are important skills in this role. Additionally, important are effective communication skills, product knowledge & the ability to clearly convey complex concepts and issues in a concise way. Responsibilities
Work at Home Technology Requirements:
- Support the closing of syndicated loans where Capital One is the Administrative Agent. Serve as the operational point of contact for the syndicate lender group during the pre-closing process.
- Support loan closings for a variety of products, across various industries including commercial real estate, sponsor finance, middle market & energy banking & products including construction loans, letters of credit & foreign currency.
- Review legal documents to ensure documentation accurately reflects the intentions of the credit approval, that it complies with Bank policies & procedures, industry standards, and is operational feasible to support.
- Provide feedback on draft documents pertaining to loan booking and servicing mechanics
- Coordinate the completion of pre-closing requirements with internal & external clients (underwriters, syndication desk, borrowers, lenders, and legal counsel)
- Responsible for the collection of third-party reports (appraisals, environmental), & commercial insurance in consultation with real estate & insurance specialists
- Resolve issues that might impede closing and use judgment to involve the manager and internal partners when required
- Execute loan closing, funding & booking activities in ACBS in collaboration with all parties
- Effectively communicate deal information & coordinate hand-offs to the life-of-loan servicing team
- Compile collateral package & route to Collateral Monitoring group
- Coordinate the closing of ongoing amendments as Administrative Agent
- Additional tasks include, the reconciliation of cash breaks & fee income, generation of reports & metrics, and testing of process & system enhancements.
Candidates must live within 100 miles driving distance of one of the hub locations Basic Qualifications
- A secure home office environment that is free from background noise and distractions
- A reliable private internet connection that is not supplied by use cellular data (hot spot)
- Cable or fiber connections are preferred
- Internet service download speeds must be at least 5 mbps, with 10+ mbps preferred - check your download speed using a speed test. A sample one can be found here . To test your home internet from your personal computer at home, type www.speedtest.net into the web browser of your personal computer.
- Sustained ability to maintain latency less than 250 ms in voice calls is required
- Hard wired connectivity is preferred, any use of wireless connectivity must be Private (non-public) and password protected through WPA2-PSK (AES) encryption. If you have any questions about your encryption, please consult with your internet provider
- A private network is password protected where you have ownership or line of sight to every device on the network
- Capital One reserves the right to request proof of internet provider, speed and service package from the associate
- Requirements are subject to change, as new systems and technology is delivered. Capital One reserves the right to modify internet service requirements with sixty (60) days notice.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in commercial loan closing or operations
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- At least 3 years of commercial loan booking or loan servicing experience
- At least 2 years of syndication product/industry knowledge
- At least 1 year of experience working with ACBS
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).