Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate, CRA and HMDA Data Management Risk Processes
Within Capital One, External Affairs (EA) is an organization dedicated to delivering on Capital One's Mission by strengthening our reputation, deepening our relationships in our communities, managing engagement with the federal bank regulatory agencies, and serving as Capital One's voice in the legislative and political processes at the federal, state and local levels. The EA organization comprises Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Strategy & Program Management, Government & Policy Affairs, Regulatory Relations, Corporate Communications, Community Finance, Community Impact & Investment, and EA Strategy & Engagement.
The CRA Strategy & Program Management (S&PM) team partners with lines of business across the enterprise to sustain Capital One's longstanding Outstanding CRA performance. We maintain high data quality and control standards, and develop and support effective strategies with each applicable business. Most importantly, we manage CRA examinations by showing the bank examiners how Capital One effectively responds to the lending, investment, and service needs of the communities where we do business. We convey Capital One's comprehensive and durable approach to improving the financial well-being of low- and moderate-income people and neighborhoods.
The CRA S&PM team is looking for a self-motivated individual to play a critical risk management role on our CRA and Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) data management and regulatory reporting team. Specifically, the ideal candidate will process and manage these regulatory data, using software tools, and monitor and support their quality assurance in accordance with the team's data compliance and reporting controls. Candidates must be willing to travel domestically (up to 20%). Responsibilities:
- Support governance, compliance and risk controls management functions
- Assist with internal control design, implementation and monitoring
- Track execution of risk and controls activities and prepare management reports
- Assist with team organization and response to internal audits and regulatory compliance exams
- Manage ad hoc data geocoding requests
- Perform quarterly geocoding validations
- Monitor CRA data integrity compliance training execution and tools
- Manage team's annual job aid and procedure document update exercises
- Assist with preparations related to the annual submission of complete and accurate CRA and HMDA Loan Registers to the appropriate regulatory agency
- As needed, conduct loan file reviews to validate accuracy and completeness of data collected for CRA regulatory reporting purposes
- Associate's degree or Military experience
- At least 1 year experience in loan document review or data quality assurance or auditing
- At least 1 year experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Excel
- At least 1 year experience utilizing internet research tools in a professional setting
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- At least 2 years of experience in quality assurance or audit roles
- Experience using CRA Wiz software to process and maintain regulatory data
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).