Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate- Operational Risk Management, Enterprise Services
Job Title - Principal Associate- Operational Risk Management, Enterprise Services
The Operational Risk, Challenge and Advisory group provides second line oversight for operational risk and is responsible for ensuring current and emerging risks are appropriately identified and managed through Enterprise Risk governance policies and procedures. Operational Risk Advisors are the liaisons between Operational Risk Management (ORM) and first line business partners serving as both an effective challenger and a trusted advisor. Our teams are integrated into multiple dimensions of first line risk identification and mitigation activities.
We are looking to hire a new Principal Associate on our fast-moving, hard-working, and fun operational risk management team to support our Enterprise Services Division. The Enterprise Services Division is inclusive of risk spanning cybersecurity, technology, enterprise products and platforms, machine learning, as well as many others. As an Operational Risk Advisor your role will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills, integrative thinking across the facets of operational risk, and a desire to help the enterprise appropriately manage operational risk. While we are not the risk stewards for technical related operational risks, this role will align to our more technical businesses and therefore technology and cybersecurity knowledge would be valuable.
- Play a significant role driving results in the overall governance via challenge of key risk assessment processes for Enterprise Services; e.g.: Process Level Assessments, Risk and Control Self Assessments, Product Risk Assessments and New Product Governance
- Provide a grounded assessment of the Enterprise Services operational risk profile through quarterly Divisional Operational Risk Reporting and other internal/external reporting
- Develop risk analysis, perform deep dive investigations, and drive specific risk initiatives
- Ensure that operational risk activities in Enterprise Services are aligned with enterprise requirements and expectations
- Use your vantage point to connect the dots of the changing strategic and operational priorities and risk environment and partner with the business to understand the impacts
- Partner with other second line groups when risks have impacts across multiple areas
- Be intellectually curious to question the obvious, explore options, and seek to develop and implement efficiencies and process improvements
- Solid verbal and written communication skills are essential for success in this role
- Able to self manage, prioritize work and and consistently deliver results
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years of Operations or Risk Management Experience
- At least 2 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
- 4+ years of Operations Management or Risk Management Experience.
- Internal audit or technology risk management experience (or similar)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).