Coordinator of Multimedia Design and Social Media
Coordinator of Multimedia Design and Social Media
University of Maryland, College Park
The Adele H. Stamp Student Union
For details and to apply: eTerp.umd.edu
Position 120411 or
Best Consideration: October 1, 2022
● Serves as the lead in-house consultant for social media content creation and metrics measurement, including analysis of project objectives, and determination of graphic and production requirements, optimized for multiple digital and social media channels.
● Coordinates with Assistant Director and staff the design and production of multimedia, social media, digital, and print marketing campaigns for the Adele H. Stamp Student Union, Center for Campus Life (STAMP) in accordance with established brand standards and User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) best practices.
● Creates content and original graphics, illustrations, video, and typography optimized for multimedia communications (websites, social media, email, digital/TV) and promotional campaigns.
● Designs multimedia campaigns to advertise and promote department programs, facilities, services, and events (video reels, stories, websites/landing pages), ensuring alignment with University of Maryland, Division of Student Affairs and STAMP brand requirements.
● Works with web developers to maintain brand consistency on the STAMP website.
● Assists in hiring, training, scheduling, and supervising student designers and Street Team student staff.
● Co-manages STAMP brand and ensures/enforces proper usage and compliance by client colleagues and STAMP staff.
● Bachelor’s Degree in multimedia design, communications, web development/design, graphic design, or related field and 3-5 years of experience creating content and image assets for multiple communications channels and platforms.
● Experience and proficiency with content management systems required (i.e., Drupal 7 or 8 preferred).
● Strong knowledge of user-centered interface/experience (UI/UX) website design, enhancement, and maintenance.
● Experience with coding (HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, github) and authoring tools.
● Demonstrated proficiency with creating effective, original content and maintaining social media properties (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook).
● Proficiency with current technology, including knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (XD, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator); HootSuite, TweetDeck, and/or other tools.
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
● Proficiency with Mac OS platform.
● Experience in html-formatted mass email, creating newsletters, and the nuances between email clients.
● Experience with SEO, Google Analytics and other metrics measurement for websites and social media platforms.
● Strong analytical and critical thinking skills including the ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data.
● Excellent oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Proven ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative creative, marketing, and communications team.
● Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a focus on producing and optimizing branded, multimedia packages for target audiences.
● 3-5 years of professional related experience.
● 1-2 years of supervisory experience with student workers, part-time, or full-time staff.
● Experience working with creative services team — agency, in-house, or studio.
● Familiarity with team production workflow systems (Trello, Slack, Smartsheet).
● Experience with email marketing systems (Emma, MailChimp, Constant Contact).
● Experience with social media marketing and website SEO metrics, Google analytics.
● Familiarity with video editing software such as Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects, or Final Cut Pro.
● Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction a plus.
● Familiarity working in higher education/Student Affairs environment a plus.
Standing for long periods and some lifting of boxes or other items up to 25lbs. Work takes place in both an office environment and in on-campus buildings; will require ability to travel throughout campus. There may be occasions when the incumbent will need to work outside their normal work shift to accommodate other shifts that exist in the organization for purposes of meetings, training, etc.
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions