Meeting Support Specialist
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
The purpose of this position is to provide support for meetings held at ASHA’s National Office. (This includes weekend meeting support.)
- Plan, order, and serve healthy meals while taking into consideration individual dietary restrictions within budgeted guidelines.
- Provide beverage service, set-up, and clean-up for meals.
- Ensure that meals and beverages are served in strict compliance with safe food handling guidelines.
- Review the calendar frequently to ensure that all meeting requirements, including room set-up, are met.
- Complete purchase requisitions and orders for the prompt payment of invoices.
- Arrange ground transportation for meeting participants, as necessary.
- Assist with special projects and tasks assigned to the Facilities Cluster.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- High school degree, AA degree preferred
- At least 1–3 years in a similar position
- Successful completion of a certified food handling course
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Current driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to consistently apply safe food handling guidelines
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated rational decision making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to remain consistently polite and professional in all situations and to maintain effective interpersonal working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to provide close attention to detail while consistently completing all tasks on time.
- Ability to provide support for meetings held on weekends.