Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
The Design team at Capital One is at the forefront of enriching our customers' digital and physical experiences. We champion a thriving environment of collaboration, authenticity and healthy critique in which we honor diversity of thought, create a culture of belonging and elevate one another. If you're an innovator and storyteller who embraces an environment where you can experiment, learn and change banking for good, we would love to hear from you.
Our Enterprise Experience Products and Platforms (XP2) team builds products and platforms that inspire through integrated, personal and delightful digital experiences that our customers and associates use in their day-to-day lives.
We're looking for a content designer to join our growing content design team within XP2. You might call yourself a content strategist, UX writer, information architect, product writer or something else. No matter the title, you're a problem solver and systems thinker steeped in how language and communication shapes the way we move through and interact with the world.
This is a mid-level, individual contributor role that reports directly into a senior content design leader. You'll embed deeply into top-priority initiatives, leading or co-leading work alongside your design teammates and partners from product, tech, operations, engineering, marketing and legal. You'll also play a key role in supporting and contributing to our design system. Come help us shape our products, the evolution of our content team and the larger community of content designers at Capital One. We're looking for
What you'll do Collaborate & Connect
- An excellent writer. Your partners rely on you to translate complex concepts into clear, concise and natural language that resonates with your audience. You have a firm grasp of the rules of grammar and keep the AP Stylebook at your fingertips.
- A UX practitioner. You understand human-centered design thinking, UX best practices and the importance of advocating for the user throughout the design process.
- A collaborator. You enjoy-and excel at-fostering strong, collaborative working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- A strong communicator. You can effectively explain and advocate for your design decisions with an audience of product partners and other stakeholders.
- A quick study. In the enterprise, we cover a lot of territory, so you need to be able to get up to speed quickly and pivot easily based on changing requirements and priorities.
Discover & Deliver
- Embed deeply into top-priority initiatives, working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Collaborate daily with fellow designers and product and tech partners to uncover customer and business needs and then co-create intuitive and engaging digital solutions-from conception to launch
- Craft elegantly simplistic, consistent customer experiences through the combination of language, information architecture, design system components and interaction patterns
- Actively participate in and contribute to our content team rituals like peer reviews and meetups among content folks across the company-all of which promote a culture of giving and receiving feedback, encourage rapid exploration, allow us to share tools and frameworks, and leverage our collective experience to elevate the work and help each other grow as designers
- Participate in hiring by reviewing resumes, conducting interviews and attending consensus
Qualifications Basic qualifications
- Work with researchers to deeply understand our customers and the problems we're trying to solve
- Advocate for the customer through human-centered design methods, ensuring our products speak their language and meet their needs
- Translate complex ideas into clear, inclusive, user-centered content that evolves and enhances our product experiences
- Write clear, easy-to-understand and natural language messaging for a variety of in-product, data-driven customer experiences-ensuring consistency across channels
- Champion style guidelines and content frameworks that reinforce consistency across our experiences; contribute new style guidelines and writing patterns when gaps arise
- At least 4 years of experience writing and designing content, ideally for web and mobile experiences
Your content design portfolio
- UX writing and communication experience
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary product design team
- Experience working with and contributing to an established design system
- Experience crafting content within design tools such as Figma
- Strong presentation skills and experience sharing strategic rationale with partners and stakeholders
- Experience creating content for cross-channel experiences
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Demonstrates your ability to write clear, concise and engaging content that uses natural language to achieve its purpose
- Showcases end-to-end, strategic thinking-show us your process from discovery to delivery and how you bring the end user into the equation
- Highlights your collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Reflects your familiarity with UX best practices, style guidelines and content frameworks
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).