Enterprise Engineering Coordinator
Enterprise Engineering Coordinator
Position #: 108290
The Assistant Vice President for Enterprise Engineering & Operations (EEO) in the Division of Information Technology (DIT) seeks an experienced professional for the Coordinator position to provide a broad range of support to the Assistant Vice President, the EEO senior staff and their offices.
The Coordinator assures that appropriate actions are taken to complete administrative tasks and small- and large- scale projects in a timely fashion, with attention to quality customer service, a strong commitment to confidentiality, and in accordance with university and office policies and procedures. The coordinator is responsible for office operations, project coordination and management, calendaring and scheduling, intra- and inter-office communications.
The Coordinator responds to various inquiries both external and internal to the organization and must have the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors, and be a welcoming, forward-thinking, and self-motivated individual.
The Coordinator works closely with all the other DIT coordinators who are performing administrative support duties, acts as a backup for them and reports directly to the Assistant Vice President for Enterprise Engineering & Operations.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in an administrative support role.
- Minimum of three years of full-time experience supporting a multi-person work environment.
- Demonstrated experience with basic applications and software required to perform the work, such as Microsoft Office suite, Google Suite, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with providing outstanding, prompt customer service.
- Proficiency in managing calendars and resolving conflicts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient English-language written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent administrative writing and verbal skills.
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures.
- Exceptional ability with email workflow and automated tasks.
- Outstanding ability to get things done and able to focus and know how to prioritize the workflow.
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to coordinate multiple priorities. Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as needed.
- Experience with event management, consultation services and/or customer support.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Medical, [uhr.umd.edu] dental [uhr.umd.edu], and vision [uhr.umd.edu]coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission [uhr.umd.edu] for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package [uhr.umd.edu] to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits [uhr.umd.edu] created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more… [uhr.umd.edu]
Salary range is $60,000 – $70,000. **This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
- Evening/weekend work may be required to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
Best consideration date: 09/23/2022 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/99458
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.