Cyber Security Lead
Alexandria, VA Join our Talent Network
Chenega Technical Innovations is currently seeking talented individuals to add to our Talent Network.
Cyber Security Lead
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
For nearly a decade, Chenega Technical Innovations (CTI) has been an industry leader in the federal small business marketplace, providing agencies and commercial customers tomorrow's solutions in Integration and IT. Today, CTI possesses hundreds of employees and dozens of operations, integrating federal and DoD programs and capabilities around the world.
PdM TENCAP is chartered with the responsibility of executing the Army's Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities (TENCAP) program. Army TENCAP's mission is to enable the Army to rapidly exploit and influence National capabilities and architectures. Army TENCAP conducts advanced development and rapid prototyping to enhance, inform, and modernize Army capabilities. PdM TENCAP responsibilities include support to Headquarters Department of the Army (HQDA) to maintain connections to national and theater systems, prototype development and transition of technology into Army systems, and acquisition of equipment as directed by the TENCAP General Officer Steering Group (TGOSG) and Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics & Technology) (ASA(ALT)).
The Cyber Security Lead will provide CS guidance and documentation throughout the system development life-cycle. The Cyber Security Lead will also input, assess, and update security controls into the appropriate management systems of record.
Work you'll do
As a Cyber Security Lead within our TENCAP team, you will:
- Provide CS guidance and documentation throughout the system development life-cycle, include providing CS guidance at meetings, briefings, and design reviews and during system development IAW currently applicable CS regulations and policies.
- Lead TENCAP projects through all phases of the security authorization process IAW ICD 503, NIST SP 800-53 r5, DoDI 8510.01, and supplementary guidance provided by the cognizant authorizing officials.
- Input, assess, and update security controls into the appropriate management systems of record (e.g., Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)).
- Review and provide comments on Assessment and Authorization documentation needed for Army TENCAP initiatives to receive Authorization(s) To Operate (ATOs), ATOs with conditions, and Assess-Only ATOs.
- Assist and when necessary, author Program of Actions and Milestones (POAMs) associated with the ATO process.
- Provide security engineering, implementation, and validation, as well as facilitating requests for waivers or other exceptions to policies based on tactical implementation of security domain requirements.
- Facilitate security authorization processes implemented by national agencies.
- Support development of Simplified Acquisition Management Plans (SAMPs) IAW CDRL G003 which address the program's overall acquisition approach, including cyber approaches for TENCAP projects.
- Review the design of hardware, operating systems, and software applications proposed for TENCAP programs and provide comments as to whether the design adequately addresses CS security requirements and provides confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation and properly mitigate identified threats/vulnerabilities.
- Ensure compliance with CS policy, including AR 25-2, Information Assurance, DoD Instruction (DODI) 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT), National Institute of Standards and Technology Special Publication (NIST) SP 800-37, and Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503, the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) Instruction No. 1253, NIST 800-53, USCENTCOM 25-28 process, and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and shall keep pace with changing policies and mandates.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information or in a related field
- 6+ years of experience in a DoD Cyber Security role
- Must have IAM Level III or IAT Level III baseline certification IAW DoD 8570.01-Manual
- Top secret clearance required with the ability to obtain Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI)
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral), strong customer service, and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and understand what is being described by the end user as well as the ability to explain problem resolutions when necessary.
- Ability to design and maintain technical and project documentation.
- Ability to utilize business resources efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Ability to perform team assessments and evaluations.
- Ability to identify and solve project issues efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to define requirements and plan project lifecycle deployment.
- Ability to define and schedule project/program implementations.
- Ability to occasionally work after hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.
Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/
Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Join our Talent Network