Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Risk Associate, External Affairs Strategy & Engagement
External Affairs works with many external and internal stakeholders to envision and create a world of greater socioeconomic opportunity through advocating for an inclusive society, building thriving communities, and creating financial tools that enrich lives. Our teams include Communications, Community Impact and Investment, Community Finance, CRA Strategy and Program Management, the Government and Political Affairs Group, Regulatory Relations, and Strategy and Engagement. Through our teams, we have unparalleled access to a diverse group of motivated changemakers similarly focused on the ingredients for a more perfect future.
We are committed to inclusively designing positive social impact with our associates, customers, and ultimately, the communities we serve. We are focused on innovation and opportunity. On challenging orthodoxies. On disruption and dreaming of a better way -- for the benefit of those we serve.
The External Affairs Strategy and Engagement (EASE) team is looking for critical thinkers who are ready to challenge conventional approaches in search of better ways to manage risk and help create opportunities to enhance our reputation as a company that is advancing socioeconomic mobility. As a member of the EASE Community Advocacy & Risk team, you will apply leadership and analytical skills to advise our U.S. Card Division on managing reputation risk. You will act as a thought leader, working across functions to counsel senior executives, develop and implement effective reputation risk solutions, and ensure Capital One's continued success. You will operate in a fast-changing environment so results orientation, attention to detail, and clear and compelling communication will be especially important. As the "second line of defense," you will work arm-in-arm with executives and leaders across External Affairs, Compliance, Legal, Brand, Technology and Finance to develop and implement well-managed risk practices across a number of critical areas.
A successful candidate will be passionate about proactively identifying current and emerging risks by utilizing technology to gather insights, analyzing datasets, and synthesizing the evolving risk landscape. You should consider this role if you're someone who:
- Enjoys learning, synthesizing a lot of information into digestible headlines, and sharing those insights with a variety of stakeholders
- Brings a solutions-focused orientation and builds consensus
- Relishes wearing multiple hats and working with a wide variety of teams
- Thrives in a dynamic environment with changing conditions
- Can manage multiple deliverables at the same time
- Inform design of products, policies and services for U.S. Card Division by engaging as the Reputation Risk lead in relevant planning meetings; develop and implement risk mitigation activities and as appropriate, escalate issues to executive leadership
- Identify and advance opportunities to achieve business objectives, including enhancing Capital One's reputation as a bank that is well-managed and helps our customers improve their financial well-being
- Through data-based analysis, anticipate and manage emerging reputation risks, which may be driven by rapidly evolving legislative developments, regulatory policies, product or brand design, and technology
- Bring the perspectives and priorities of key external stakeholders (e.g. advocates, elected officials, media, regulators) to internal partners
- Develop and maintain deep fluency and expertise in relevant external trends impacting the business and broader industry; help identify new risks as the business innovates and the external environment evolves
- Serve as convenor and connector to ensure information flows to partners across External Affairs and that we bring the wisdom of the crowd to important conversations
- Partner with Risk Offices to evolve how we manage risk as an organization; leverage data to create and execute risk management strategies, plans, and controls
- Ensure risk reporting is delivered on time and with quality
- College degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience working in financial services, technology, government, nonprofit or other highly regulated industries
- At least 1 year of risk management, public policy, compliance, legal, product management or communications/PR experience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and executive presence with demonstrated ability to navigate across a matrixed environment
- Familiarity with key external stakeholders such as regulators, elected officials, media and community activists, and an understanding of best practices for influencing those stakeholders' perspectives
- Comfort leveraging data to create and execute risk management strategies, plans, and controls
- Experience identifying KPIs and measuring results
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).