Summary Systems Engineer Lead Huntsville, Alabama
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level! Our People are Our Strength
We believe taking care of our employees will deliver the best support to our customers and our community. Our success is attributable to our employees. We recruit and retain civic-minded people who fit our family-oriented small business culture.
Valued people deliver the highest level of professionalism and support to our customers. We provide our employees with a positive work environment and social activities that reinforce teamwork.
Awarded in August 2021 to the Parsons Team, the TEAMS next Missile Defense Systems Engineering contract has a three-year base period plus four one-year options that should take the period of performance through the end of 2028 into 2029. The primary purpose of this contract is to provide outstanding systems engineering services vital for MDA mission success at multiple locations around the world. As a member of the Parsons Team, Venturi, LLC, a Chenega company, seeks well-qualified candidates who are passionate about protecting national security and keeping our warfighters safe. If that description sounds like you, this position may be just the right ticket to board the train for your continued career adventure.
Venturi, LLC, a Chenega company, has a challenging and interesting career opportunity for a Systems Engineer Lead
who will play a key role in supporting critical Missile Defense Agency missions on the TEAMS Next Missile Defense Systems Engineering contract. This individual will work closely with the engineering team in MDA Innovation, Science & Technology (DV) Technology Maturation (DVR), providing technical and programmatic support. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As a Systems Engineer Lead
within our TEAMS Next Missile Defense Systems Engineering team, you will:
- Protect loss of critical information by reviewing documents for public release, presentation in closed conferences, briefings, patent secrecy orders, and export control
- Identify promising emerging technologies for transition into Missile Defense System to close gaps and counter emerging threats
- Conduct proposal assessments
- Develop research topics for technology solicitations
- Support technical interchanges
- Provide expert technical advice to customer on Visible/Infrared (IR) sensor systems, optics, electro-optics, lasers, aero-optics, Kill Vehicle (KV) Seekers, IR Search and Track (IRST) Systems and on technology assessment, planning, innovation, integration, and transfer
- Perform technical assessments on Broad Area Announcement (BAA) proposals and white papers (Innovation, Science & Technology (IST), Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR), Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) BAAs)
- Review and recommend responses to Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) cases, commodity jurisdiction cases, foreign disclosure requests, and patent security reviews
- Monitor foreign, domestic, and adversary technology developments (all classification levels) that may impact MDA mission
- Identify and document MDA technology needs; participate in meetings and conferences; review technical papers and articles on relevant technologies and state-of-the-art technical areas
- Perform technical, security, policy, and export control reviews for technology project papers and briefings, technical papers and articles submitted for publication release approval, and release of information in restricted venues
- Provide technical inputs to draft solicitation topics for SBIR/STTR BAA, IST BAA, Applied Research for the Advancement of S&T Priorities (ARAP), and Rapid Innovation Funding (RIF)
- Provide technical support on program and technical efforts, including SBIR/STTR/RIF contracts, technology demonstrations, risk reduction tests, and transition planning for future capabilities and emerging technologies not assigned to an MDA product office
How you'll grow
- MS in STEM field with 15+ years experience in missile defense
- PhD desired
- Skill translating technical needs into solicitation topic requirements
- Skill in critical analysis of technical proposal content and technical content in general
- Familiarity with ITAR/EAR, CFIUS, Commodity Jurisdiction, Patent Secrecy Orders, Munitions Licenses, Technical Assistance Agreements, Foreign Disclosure, Security Classification Guides
- Skill and experience in managing development of technical products
- Skill in oral and written communications, developing and presenting briefings and technical reports
- Skill with microsoft business products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Secret clearance required, TS/SCI desired
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program