Summary Senior Help Desk Technician St. Marys, GA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers trusted insights in Records and Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training environment.
The Senior Help Desk Technician
will provide support services in IT security and business technologies in connection with the Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) Strategic Weapons Facility Atlantic (SWFLANT) Support Services effort. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As an Senior Help Desk Technician
within our Strategic Weapons Facility Atlantic (SWFLANT) team, you will:
- Provide immediate, real-time assistance in response to end-user questions and trouble reports.
- Provide technical assistance to users in areas, like customizing off-the-shelf software, coordinating the resolution of data communication problems, and relocation of IT equipment.
- Provide "desk-side" assistance to the SPK end-user community in those situations where a question or problem cannot be adequately answered over the phone.
- Troubleshoot and support Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Secure ID Token support for remote users and telework personnel.
- Install and configure application software in response to SPK Help Desk requests.
- Provide one-on-one new-user orientation and training for end-users who are mastering desktop application functions, including basic user training for all software in SWFLANT's approved application portfolio.
- Provide support in preparing special application projects to assist the end-users with automating their business processes.
- Coordinate, set up, and break down ad hoc classified and unclassified computing environments to support VIP visitors, inspections, meetings, and events.
- Provide support to SSP and SPK field activities, including desktop configuration, remote access connectivity, and remote access administration.
- Create and design Microsoft web-based online tutorials.
- Provide one-on-one desk-side training.
- Create user guides, which are short and simplified instructions on particular topics, like as remote access e-mail from laptops.
- Answer the SPK help desk phone and monitor incoming e-mail and web-based support requests.
- Assist users with completing requirements associated with access requests to IT systems.
- Track and monitor all tickets and calls ensuring all status updates are regularly maintained up to and, including closure.
- Monitor voicemail for calls received outside normal hours of operation, adding any request to the SPK Help Desk Call Tracking Database system.
- Perform minor preventative maintenance while troubleshooting (e.g., cleaning IT equipment, routine system health checks).
- Provide help desk functions, including providing 1st level ad hoc assistance for problem resolution/questions, and triage, referral, and tracking of 2 nd and 3 rd level problems.
- Respond to user requests within two hours from receipt of requests and resolve the problem through direct action or through referral/escalation of the problem to appropriate support personnel.
- Assign service calls that cannot be handled in real-time to the appropriate support team for resolution and track the calls handed off through to completion in the SPK Help Desk database.
- Provide end-user notification and follow-up to assure the SSP and SPK community that their requests are being handled in a professional and timely manner, including customer callbacks.
- Provide monthly and instant database reporting to support SSP and SPK management and productivity assessments.
- Assist with the creation of a web-based newsletter for monthly CDRL.
- Manage and support mobile SSP/SWFLANT mobile devices.
- Serve as the point-of-contact between the end-user community, on-site support personnel, and hardware maintenance vendors.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- 3 + years of related work experience
- Cyber Security Workforce security and operating system certification or government-approved equivalent is required at the time of hire
- Experience using Windows Deployment Services for client imaging
- Must possess and maintain a valid U.S. driver's license
- Secret clearance required
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
How you'll grow
- Ability to obtain a top-secret clearance
- Ability to obtain certification requirements, including classes, credentialing, and continual certification as required with a minimum level of Cybersecurity (CS) Category Code: 40, Specialty Area Code: 41, Proficiency Level: Intermediate/Journeyman, per SECNAV M-5239.2, and IT Position Level IT-1 per SECNAV M-5510.30
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 environment
- Working knowledge of PC/client repair and maintenance (hardware/software)
- Possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to effectively communicate in the written and verbal English language
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-start and work independently or as a team
- Possess strong customer service skills
- Ability to learn new systems and associated software applications for proficient execution of tasks and manage multiple tasks with time-related constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 10% as requested
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/ Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
#Chenega Analytic Business Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program