Are you looking to combine your passion for technology with your penchant for strategic problem solving? Appian Customer success is obsessed with great customer outcomes. We deliver mission-critical business impact fast, and are directly responsible for partnering with our customers to bring their best ideas to life. Joining the Customer Success team will provide you with the support and growth you need to strengthen and evolve your skills within the consulting field.
Appian is looking for a Lead Systems Administrator to scale Appian's technical solutions and work alongside Appian's delivery teams. As a Lead Systems Administrator, you will be an Appian technical leader within our Customer Success team as well as an advisor to Appian's clients. In this role, not only do you become an expert at installing, operating, and scaling the Appian platform, but you will also be scaling business process applications on our software. You will become a business process expert in the various industries of our clients. The ideal candidate will combine Appian technical, product and business skills to make our customers successful. To be successful in this role, you need:
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Ability to provide exceptional customer interaction (verbal, written, face-to-face)
- Systems administration (e.g. Linux, Windows) experience with IaaS Solutions (egs.: Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, or Microsoft Azure). Administering and managing an on-prem installation of an Appian environment is a huge plus.
- Administration of one or more RDMS platforms (e.g. MySql, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Postgres, MariaDB)
- Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with our 25-day CS Academy, Agile methodology, and Appian system administration & customer support bootcamps to ensure you are set up for success
- Access to over 1,000+ Udemy course, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on as a cloud systems administrator
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged and your ideas will be heard
- Bachelor's degree in any Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, or similar work
- You are an expert IT systems administrator building, maintaining, scripting, patching, & managing hosts, databases, and interconnected Cloud services with approximately 5 years of experience
- US Citizenship - candidates being considered for a Public Sector roles must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a minimum of a Secret Security Clearance
- CompTIA Security+ certification required prior to or directly following onboarding
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world's largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian's success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.