Plant Engineer, Water Reclamation Facility
3 days left
- Full Time
Loudoun Water has an opening for a Plant Engineer for the Broad Run Water Reclamation Facility in the Water Reclamation Department. Loudoun Water is open to considering applicants at either the Engineer or Senior Engineer level. See the requirements section below for the experience, education, and licensing requirements for the two different levels.
This position will be responsible for the process operations work in support of Loudoun Water’s Broad Run Water Reclamation Facility. Experience with the design and operation of wastewater treatment facilities is preferred. Essential functions include:
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and optimizing wastewater treatment processes. Directs and participates in data analysis. Proposes modifications and guides operations staff through system adjustments.
- Participating in facility planning and process design from brainstorming through all phases of design, implementation, startup, operation, optimization, and modifications.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Construction staff during facility and process startups. Assist in troubleshooting and tuning process control systems include instrumentation and control programs.
- Analyze and maintain data in PowerBI, HachWIMS, and SCADA. Participate in the developments of trends, dashboards, and control algorithms to enhance operations.
- Provides input into preparation of complex specifications, contract documents, reports, correspondence, studies, and other technical documents as needed.
- Providing operations support, and regulatory interpretations in light of technical, regulatory, and contractual requirements.
- Participates in lab and pilot scale testing and special sampling campaigns.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who thinks strategically and possesses excellent technical and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Senior Plant Engineer Requirements: BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field and ten (10) years or more of progressively responsible experience in the operations and evaluations of wastewater treatment facilities is required. An MS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering may be applied towards the experience requirements. Eligibility for or licensed as a Professional Engineer in the Commonwealth of Virginia is preferred. Ability to obtain a Class I Operator’s license within 24 months of employment is required.
Plant Engineer Requirements: BS degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related engineering field is required. An MS degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related engineering field is preferred. Eligibility for, or licensed as a Professional Engineer in the Commonwealth of Virginia is preferred. Ability to obtain a Class I Operator’s license within 24 months of employment is required.
Special Requirements: If selected for employment all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE.