The Technical Project Manager
oversees the operational execution and evaluation of a multifaceted program/project typically consisting of a set of closely related subprograms or associated activities. The Technical Project Manager
is responsible for the execution of projects by providing services, including Scope/Requirements Management, Project Planning, Schedule Management, Resource Management, Cost Management, Risk Management, Quality Control Management, Project Monitoring, Project Reporting, and Project Documentation, specifically supporting the Department of Energy (DoE) National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) program following government requirements. Project management activities involve DoE Human Resources (HR) and Acquisition and Project Management (APM) business units with a focus on recruiting, onboarding, case management, requirements management, award management, and clause automation. Responsibilities
- Oversee the operational, administrative, and human resources management of the program.
- Build a project plan that facilitates delivery of project requirements within known constraints and provides a means for measurement of project performance.
- Construct and maintain project schedules ensuring project deliverables and milestones are met according to schedules.
- Understand drivers of project costs, maintain project forecasts, manage overall project burn proactively, and manage costs within funding restrictions with an eye toward profit maximization.
- Identify, define, and report project risks and participate in the development and execution of risk mitigation plans.
- Ensure project deliverables meet customer needs, contract requirements, and corporate standards.
- Analyze, prioritize, and document project requirements, facilitate a common understanding or agreement of project requirements among stakeholders, and control changes to requirements, ensuring they stay within the scope of work.
- Keep stakeholders aware of project status.
- Ensure that project documents are stored and archived according to corporate standards.
- Ensure that project stakeholders are consistently provided with the information they require and ensure that communication between stakeholders flows efficiently and effectively.
- Provide oversight for technical projects and teams, facilitate effective technical processes, ensure technical requirements are gathered and understood and remove impediments for technical teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of project management experience
- High school diploma or GED and 4+ years of additional relevant experience can be used in lieu of the degree requirement
- 3+ years of experience in an Agile software development environment is required
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SLDC) is required
- Experience with Jira Product Management software is required
- Possess and maintain a valid state motor vehicle operator's license
- Background check required
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
- PMP certification preferred
- Certified Scrum Master/Professional Scrum Master certification preferred
- Experience managing an Appian software development project is preferred
- Possess experience in the full complement of project management life cycle activities with the ability to provide management and liaison support to senior leaders that enable program success
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong customer service and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to listen and understand what is being described by the end-user as well as the ability to explain problem resolutions when necessary
- Ability to occasionally work after hours and/or do on-call support
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program