Summary Advanced Engineer Huntsville, Alabama
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level! Our Strength Is Our People
We believe taking care of our employees will deliver the best support to our customers and our community. Our success is attributable to our employees. We recruit and retain civic-minded people who fit our family-oriented small business culture.
Valued people deliver the highest level of professionalism and support to our customers. We provide our employees with a positive work environment and social activities that reinforce teamwork.
Awarded in August 2022 to the Parsons Team, the TEAMS next Missile Defense Systems Engineering contract has a three-year base period plus four one-year options that should take the period of performance through the end of 2028 into 2029. The primary purpose of this contract is to provide outstanding systems engineering services vital for MDA mission success at multiple locations around the world. As a member of the Parsons Team, Venturi, LLC, a Chenega company, seeks well-qualified candidates who are passionate about protecting national security and keeping our warfighters safe. If that description sounds like you, this position may be just the right ticket to board the train for your continued career adventure.
Venturi, LLC, a Chenega company, has a challenging and interesting career opportunity for an Advanced Engineer
who will play a key role in supporting critical Missile Defense Agency missions on the TEAMS Next Missile Defense Systems Engineering contract. This individual will support Advanced Manufacturing Technology (ManTech) tasks associated with materials and processing. Knowledge of structural metals, polymer and carbon/carbon composites, ceramics, and advanced manufacturing technologies for these materials is desirable. Secondary duties are to monitor the health of the domestic industrial base for materials and processes. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As an Advanced Engineer
within our TEAMS Next Missile Defense Systems Engineering team, you will:
- Work with small business suppliers in advanced research for new technical capabilities in materials and advanced manufacturing processes
- Prepare recommendations to the MDA for technology and industrial base investments to support future programs
- Participate in MDA ManTech and Industrial Base organization Working Groups and Councils from the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Department of Defense (DoD), Individual Services (Army, Navy, Air Force), and internal MDA Offices
- Evaluate and document the health of the materials industrial base
- Investigate obsolescence for specific strategic materials and investigate MDA/OSD level resolutions
- Master of Arts or Master of Science degree in a related field with 10+ years of experience
- Demonstrated expertise in project management needed to plan and develop emerging technology capabilities and analysis priorities
- Ability to tracking and manage fast tempo projects with attention to detail and schedule
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across multiple organizations
- Demonstrated skill and experience in managing the development of technical products
- Demonstrated skill in oral and written communications, developing and presenting briefings, and preparing technical reports
- Active secret clearance
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
How you'll grow
- Degree in mechanical, material, or electrical engineering is highly desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of BMDS to develop and optimize technologies for next generation missions using system and component analysis principles required to transition technology with system architecture
- Experience with Supply Quality Engineering (SQE)
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program