Coming on board to a team within the Appian Corporate department means you'll be doing work that directly impacts the overall business. We are a people-first organization, all committed to providing a first-class employee experience. Our top priority is ensuring our people and the business are equipped with the tools, resources, and processes needed to thrive.
As the Manager, Talent Acquisition, you will lead a team of TA professionals in pursuit of hiring goals for our field sales organization. You will manage and mentor the team through the sourcing, presentation, selection, negotiation, and closing candidates. You will build and execute creative and collaborative recruiting strategies to deliver a consistent flow of high caliber sales talent. And finally, you will be positioned as a leader within Talent Acquisition, and extend your reach and reputation to hiring teams, departments, and the broader People team. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition for North America Sales. To be successful in this role, you need:
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- A passion for hiring, leading, and developing a team of Recruiters, Sourcers and Coordinators. Typical team size will be 4-8 direct reports
- A self-motivated and results-driven working style. The ability to manage and track results to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual hiring goals
- To communicate effectively with sales leadership to develop and prioritize the hiring plan.
- Executive presence to communicate effectively with sales leadership on hiring data and progress. This will include regular check-ins and quarterly presentations
- To lead strategic recruiting projects and initiatives in conjunction with People Leadership and Executive Leadership
- Collaboration with our Employer Brand team to establish Appian as a destination of choice for high caliber talent
- Knowledge of the industry to continuously improve the selection, offer, negotiation, and onboarding processes
- A 50+ person Talent Acquisition team who are experts within their recruiting realm. We geek out on all things recruiting and hiring. We are passionate, motivated, and deeply resilient. We are genuinely excited about bringing in the best of the best talent
- The opportunity to own your recruiting pod. Put practices, metrics, and guidance in place that you think will raise your team to the next level. And add in some fun things too! Opportunities for recognition, celebrating success, and connecting with the team
- Appian offers a wide variety of growth and development opportunities, such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University (which offered a handful of virtual trainings), and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- 6+ years of Talent Acquisition experience in a fast paced, full lifecycle recruiting environment
- 2+ years experience managing and leading recruiting teams
- Deep market knowledge of hiring Account Executives and Sales Leaders
- Proficiency with Talent Acquisition tools including Greenhouse, Workday, and TalentWall