Photo Lab Technician
Photo Lab Technician
Work Schedule: variable (6-10 hours a week; 2-3 days a week)
Compensation: non-exempt $15/hr.
Looking for a photography lab technician to assist photography students during open lab times for approximately 6-10 hours per week. These hours will be held over a two- to three-day period. Days, times, and hours are negotiable and may include weekdays, weekday evenings, and weekends. Experience working in a film darkroom, familiarity with photography studio lighting equipment, and proficiency with Adobe Photo Editing Software – Lightroom, Adobe Camera Raw, Bridge, and Photoshop is required.
- Open and shut down photography facilities, as scheduled.
- Ensure that the conditions in the classroom, darkroom, studio, and equipment storage areas are kept neat, clean, orderly, and are properly functioning during open lab time.
- Report to the Photography Coordinator when supplies need to be ordered or equipment is broken, not functioning, or missing. Report student conduct that is not in accordance with lab rules.
- Supervise student activities during open lab periods in the photography classroom suite. This includes the computer lab, darkroom, film processing area, and the studio lighting space
- Assist students in the processing of negatives and prints, computer issues (software and hardware), and the set-up and breakdown of studio lighting sets.
- Maintain the B&W Darkroom.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety. Replenish chemistry and consumables. Mix stock solutions for all classes and labs before lab time.
- Clean trays, containers, sinks, print washers, and floors in the darkroom area, if spills occur.
- Maintain the lighting studio:
- Put away backgrounds, props, lights, light modifiers, stands, etc.
- Turn off and unplug all equipment.
- Secure equipment in the equipment closets.
- Restock studio lighting supplies.
- Assists students in the set-up and breakdown of student studio lighting sets.
- Experience working in a film darkroom
- Familiarity with photography studio lighting equipment
- Proficiency with Adobe Photo Editing Software
- Adobe Camera Raw, Bridge