Senior Tax Accountant
4 days left
- Full Time
Rockville, Maryland CPA Firm Senior CPA Must have 3 to 5 years’ experience in Public Accounting, with a strong audit and tax background.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare complex tax projections and tax returns for Partnerships, Corporations, Individuals, Estates, Non-profits, Trust.
- Perform tax research, draw conclusions and document findings in written format
- Provides training and assistance to staff
- Performs diversified accounting and auditing assignments under the direction of a supervisor, manager or partner, at all times working to meet time constraints and client deadlines.
- Provides a variety of services based on client needs:
- Agreed upon procedures
- Forecasts and projections
- Internal control studies
- Financial analysis
- Personal financial statements
- Specialized account and audit research
- Budgets, forecasts and projections
- Prepares routine correspondence to client for approval and signature by a partner.
- Begins acquiring the skills necessary to develop quality client relationships and loyalty.
- Understand generally accepted auditing standards, common audit procedures, techniques, and the firm’s quality control standards
- Prepare and/or review work papers, financial statements, including footnote disclosures
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Plans, organizes, and controls assignments.
- Considers all factors of a problem and suggests possible solutions.
- Has the ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Shows high degree of professionalism towards team members and clients.
- Reliable – accepts responsibility, meets commitments without excessive follow-up; consistently accurate in presenting information.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Competency in technical skills, work quality and application of professional and Firm standards and ethics.
- Proficiency with computers, spreadsheet software programs, calculator and other general office equipment.
- Increased development of a command of GAAP, or industry specific, unique or specialized accounting principles, and financial statement presentations; thorough understanding of GAAS and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Highly motivated with the desire to grow and develop
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of accounting and tax software
Apply for Senior Tax Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly