HR Coordinator - C2
HR Coordinator - C2
Position #: 127672
The Business Support Services unit of the Division of IT is looking to hire a Human Resources Coordinator. This position will report directly to the Assistant Director of Finance and HR. This is an entry level position.
Responsibilities will include supporting HR functions across the Division, which is comprised of approximately 300 staff and 300 student workers. The HR Coordinator will assist with hiring, on-boarding, off-boarding, and data management.
The HR Coordinator will lead all aspects of hiring and on/off-boarding including but not limited to:
- Entry of positions and postings in the hiring system
- Drafting, routing and filing contracts and offer letters
- Conducting on-boarding sessions for staff (regular exempt, regular non-exempt, Contingent 2, Contingent 1, and Graduate Assistants)
- Tracking and management of processes and timelines related to hiring and on/off-boarding
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, an excellent communicator, have high levels of organization and attention to detail, as well the skill to multitask in a fast past large division. Also the ability to prioritize and self-motivate in an extremely rapid productive environment. They will also have a desire to be a team player and participate in continuous improvement and process innovation activities. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be proactive and able to think ahead to address any anticipated issues to head them off.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- At least 1 year of experience with process improvement or business practice in a professional or academic setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to thrive in an environment with a fast pace, quick response, and high value on customer service
- Independent initiative to drive process innovation and continuous improvement
- Ability to clearly document processes and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Highly organized, proactive, solution-driven, and customer-service oriented individual
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Familiarity with higher education
- Familiarity with business operations
- Degree or certification in business-related specialty
Additional information: Benefits Included:
- Medical, [uhr.umd.edu] dental [uhr.umd.edu], and vision [uhr.umd.edu]coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission [uhr.umd.edu] for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package [uhr.umd.edu] to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits [uhr.umd.edu] created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more… [uhr.umd.edu]
Salary range is $60-68,000 **This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Best consideration date: 09/16/2022 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/99182
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu [ejobs.umd.edu] and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.