Director, Platform Services
Director, Platform Services
Position #: 106493
The Director of Platform Services reports to the Executive Director of Systems and Networking in the Division of Information Technology (DIT) at the University of Maryland, College Park. The Director is responsible for leadership, vision, planning and operations for the DIT Platform Services team, responsible for enterprise Windows and Linux server hosting in on-prem, cloud hosted, and hybrid configurations, application hosting, collaboration services, active directory and desktop management for the University of Maryland, College Park. This includes managing and monitoring the health of all aforementioned services in order to meet the service level requirements for students, faculty and staff. The Director provides strategic direction for budgeting, planning, implementation and operations of all aforementioned services and equipment. By employing technical and administrative expertise, the Director oversees all operational and personnel activities of the Platform Engineering, Server and Desktop Administration, Collaboration Engineering and Linux/Unix Administration units. The Director also serves as liaison with service providers, corporate partners, campus technology support personnel and University administration. The Director will provide project management for projects of a complex or sensitive nature.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in the management and operation of computing systems in a large corporate or higher education setting(s).
- At least five years progressively responsible experience in the leadership and administration of major technology/service units.
- Technical competency in the areas of server hosting, storage, cloud hosting, Active Directory, desktop administration, and security technologies.
- A thorough knowledge of budgeting, planning, operation and management within a public sector organization.
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing enterprise server hosting, collaboration service, and desktop administration units.
- Excellent managerial skill in planning, organizing, evaluating, and delegating.
- Excellent communications skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop staff; work collaboratively with faculty, staff, administrators and constituents outside the university; represent the University at local, state, regional and national forums.
- Proficient in documentation standards and procedure development.
- Extensive experience with escalation and notification procedures for internal and external customers (vendors, students, faculty, staff).
Additional information: Benefits Included:
- Medical, [uhr.umd.edu] dental [uhr.umd.edu], and vision [uhr.umd.edu]coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission [uhr.umd.edu] for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package [uhr.umd.edu] to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits [uhr.umd.edu] created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more… [uhr.umd.edu]
Salary range is $180-198,000 **This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
The incumbent will be “on-call” at all times. Some stress factors may be involved due to the nature of the operation and the complexity of duties.
Best consideration date: 09/14/2022 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/99132
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu [ejobs.umd.edu] and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.