Evening/Weekend Services Administrator
20 hours a week Tuesday and Thursday 6pm-11pm & Saturday 8A -5P
Coordinates evening and weekend services for faculty, staff, students and the public and serves as the administrative contact during evening and weekend hours. Provides management of evening and weekend activities and is responsible for ensuring smooth operations, handling issues, and contacting the appropriate official if there are problems beyond the scope of the position.
- Coordinates evening and/or weekend services for faculty, staff, students and the general public.
- Serves as the principal evening/weekend administrator for the college.
- In the absence of area administrators, provides evening/weekend oversight for the Welcome Center, Office of Evening Services, Print Shop, Public Safety (when the Director of Public Safety is not on campus), Audio-Visual Services, and all other offices open evenings or weekend.
- Makes routine tours to all evening/weekend sites on the main campus and communicates with staff and faculty (full-time and adjunct) in order to establish working relationships and to become aware of needs and issues.
- Communicates extensively with evening/weekend students in order to get to know them and to become aware of their issues, concerns and needs and respond to them as appropriate.
- Provides timely reports to the Director of Student Conduct and Executive Associate to the VPSS concerning evening/weekend events, issues, problems and functions.
- Responds to requests for services by evening/weekend full-time and adjunct faculty and staff.
- Troubleshoots all evening/weekend needs for services as needed.
- Responds to emergency situations and calls from evening/weekend faculty, staff, students and members of the public.
- Serves as the building safety monitor and provides follow up communication to the Crisis Communication Manager related to emergency situations on campus during the evening/weekend.
- Provides information about the college to evening/weekend faculty, staff, students and the public.
- Provides classroom and office support when dealing with a student code of conduct issue/matter. Collaborates with Public Safety to remove student(s) from a class or campus, as directed by the Office of the VPSS.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. degree plus experience; master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the community college philosophy and Howard Community College mission, vision and values
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent supervisory skills and experience
- Excellent stakeholder focus and emphasis on service
- Excellent problem solving skills
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is expected to be highly visible around the campus.
- Ability to handle a variety of constantly changing tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to handle unexpected and emergency situations and to “take charge” as necessary; ability to discern when a vice president needs to be consulted
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of this job.
- Performs all duties while considering the impact of any actions on the college’s sustainability initiatives in the areas of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic prosperity.
Provides oversight for all college offices opening during evenings or weekends when the administrator of that office is not on duty. The job will provide oversight for the following functions during evening and weekend hours: Welcome Center, Public Safety (unless Director is on campus), Office of Evening Services, Print Shop, Audio-Visual Services.
Job requires covering the college Monday through Friday from 6 p.m. - 11 p.m., Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday afternoons from 12 noon to 5 p.m. It is anticipated that this would be two part-time positions. The Evening and Weekend Administrators will alternate evening and weekend work schedules. A monthly work schedule will be provided to the Director of Student Conduct and Executive Associate to the VPSS.