Financial Reporting Accountant II
1 day left
- Full Time
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Financial Reporting Accountant for a one year, exempt, renewable appointment to provide financial reporting support in the Finance Department. This position will report to the Controller and is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, DC.
- Timely preparation of periodic financial reports and invoices for a range of donors
- Participate in the month end close, including the preparation and/or review of journal entries and co-financing revenue adjustments.
- Monitor billed and unbilled receivables for delinquent payments and billable cost
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with donor requirements.
- Help with continuous assessment of the close process to reduce the time to close the financial period.
- Support year end closing; assist in the preparation of PBC schedules for the annual audit.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Participate in special projects utilizing technical accounting and analytical skills to make recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other business-related field plus five years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in project based organizations.
- Possess strong analytical skills particularly in indirect cost allocation methods.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to analyze and properly interpret contractual documentation with donors and other parties.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- NGO Experience
- Experience working in Deltek-Costpoint environment
Physical Demand & Work environment
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time with little opportunity to move/stretch
- Employee will lift between 0-10pounds
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading
At IFPRI, we prioritize the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends. In response to the increased transmissibility with recent COVID-19 variants, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, as a condition of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.