The Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) is a multi-mission science operations center for NASA’s flagship observatories. Our world-class astronomical research center is based on the Johns Hopkins University Homewood campus in Baltimore, Maryland (Click here to learn more about our missions). STScI offers a flexible and welcoming workspace for all (Click here to learn more about our culture).
This position could support working from home. Candidates must be in our local market to be able to report on-site when needed.
The HR team is seeking a Recruiting Sourcer to focus on actively building and maintaining a network of high demand potential candidates through proactive market searching. Become the primary point initial outreach and engagement while developing the candidate connections to STScI. This is a one-year term position with comprehensive benefits + retirement and option for renewal.
Help us connect today’s professionals to career opportunities that impact the universe! This is an excellent opportunity to work with a variety of diverse placements - technical, engineering, business, creative, scientific and even interns. The goal is to have a positive, timely experience for the applicant and generate the best talent to support the work. We are looking for a Recruiting Sourcer who leverages their prospecting and networking skills to attract talent to build and maintain a network of potential candidates.
Your Role & Responsibilities include:
- Actively source passive job seekers for open vacancies
- Work with the recruitment team to help plan and implement a recruitment marketing and employer branding strategy to attract high-quality applicants
- Participating in various meetings such as recruiting intake calls, and weekly sourcing team meetings
- Sending outreach messages through various platforms such as Linkedin, Email, etc.
- Managing multiple emails and responding to candidates in a timely manner
- Manage STScI's employer brand and increase awareness with daily maintenance (inclusive of content) of LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Direct Employers, Handshake and others as needed
- Work closely with the recruitment team to develop creative ways for addressing recruitment challenges
- Keep abreast of new job-related trends in employment marketing, social media, employer branding
- Engage applicants, provide testimonials and insight into work at STScI
- Develop and implement candidate-sourcing strategies
- Build up external benchmarking capability to understand competitive intelligence landscape and influence best practices with team and stakeholders
Your Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Marketing, or related discipline.
- Demonstrated understanding of recruitment processes and applicant sourcing methods, experience in engineering & technical industries a plus
- Basic knowledge of employer branding strategies and recruitment marketing
- Focused storytelling and copy-writing skills for clear and compelling on-brand messaging
- Knowledge of or experience using digital marketing and social media in support of talent acquisition
- Experience with LinkedIn, Indeed, Glassdoor and/or other social channels
- Ability to partner cross-functionally and work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Creative thinker and proactive problem-solver
- You will have to manage your time effectively, be detail oriented, a critical thinker, and be a problem solver
This role is a full-time One-year term position. You will be immediately eligible for our generous benefits package with a possibility for renewal. The starting position and salary are commensurate with education and experience. STScI offers a flexible and welcoming workspace for all (Click here to learn more about our culture).
TO APPLY: Share your experience by uploading a resume and completing an online application. Applications received by September 2, 2022 will receive full consideration. Applications received after this date will be considered until the position is filled.
Explore all career opportunities through our website at www.stsci.edu/opportunities
COVID Working Protocols: https://outerspace.stsci.edu/display/CWP
STScI embraces the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in creating a first-rate community. We reflect this deep dedication in strongly encouraging women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities (Click here to learn more about how we foster Diversity & Inclusion). Veterans, disabled individuals, or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AURA, as a leader in the astronomical community, is committed to diversity and inclusion. AURA