College Park, MD Join our Talent Network
CAS is currently seeking an Operating Engineer to join our growing team
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative and unscheduled maintenance as directed.
- Operate building equipment and systems as directed by the Chief Engineer, Project manager or other designated assistant.
- Optimize the repair and operation of HVAC, electrical, plumbing equipment, and systems.
- Respond to client or tenant requests in such a manor to reduce the volume of work orders and the frequency of repetitive calls.
- Assist in fostering a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
- Assist in the inspection and use of fire prevention equipment and safety equipment to assure proper functioning.
- Work with colleagues, Chief or Lead Engineer, and Project Manager to learn and help others learn to be more effective Engineers and coworkers by assisting in fostering and respecting a safe environment in which to work.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- High school diploma or GED required
- 5+ years' experience in performing maintenance and operations of building of comparable size.
- Experience working in a government facility.
- Must possess DC 3rd Class Stationary Engineer
- Background check required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of HVAC installation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance according to published guidelines.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures and the confidence to suggest additional safety procedures.
- Knowledge of HVAC and associated systems employing computer/software-based monitoring and control devices.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment, electrical, plumbing, utilities, distribution systems, and controls, including maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Ability to repair building systems that are controlled by a central Energy Management Control System (EMCS).
- Ability to work weekends.
- Ability to work 2ndshift.
- Ability to work every Saturday, 7 am - 3 pm.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to the trade.
- Must be able at times to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to show proper contract required licensing to perform the duties associated with this position.
- Desire to move up within the organization by demonstrating skill and drive in the tasks assigned.
- Ability to pass an extensive background analysis.
- Ability to use best practices to troubleshoot and repair equipment and system problems quickly and economically.
- Ability to read blueprint diagrams.
- Ability to use computer software to develop and track progress of tasks; specifically, Excel, Word, email, and Power Point.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
Join our Talent Network