CDAS requires the User Experience (UX) Front-End Developer, Level III
to support the customer by applying extensive knowledge of various sciences (e.g., Computer Science, Programming), APIs or web service technologies (e.g., REST APIs, SOAP, and XML), and browser-based technologies and libraries (e.g., AJAX, jQuery, Angular, Handlebars, Bootstrap or similar design, and HTML templating frameworks). Responsibilities
- Create designs for complex client web and mobile applications utilizing current industry programming techniques.
- Partner with internal and external teams and application users to conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences while maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
- Participate in design activities to identify new product ideas and to optimize existing products.
- Research and implement modern web design technologies to create innovative user interfaces and improve workflow efficiency.
- Develop and share recommendations on industry best practices on information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of graphics, mobile optimization, responsiveness, and other web best practices.
- Develop estimates on scope and duration of work required for individuals or team(s) to deliver client requirements.
- Design new user-facing products by transforming an idea from scientific presentations to websites or online productivity tools.
- Utilize the customer DevOps systems and tools (Git, Jenkins, etc.) to ensure compliant code and ensure best practices.
- Build efficient and reusable resource and guidance libraries for future design use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Identify and troubleshoot customer issues on the customer's content management system (permissions, api, web parts).
- Collaborate with UI/UX team members during design and content reviews to refine user experiences.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure best practices.
- Utilize XML-parsing, XSLT, CSS, Web Services, and REST of multiple systems, including Microsoft SharePoint.
- Possess associated technical knowledge of admin and servers associated with SharePoint, like SQL Server administration, Windows Server Administration, and active directory control, etc.
- Apply results of web usability testing (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitive walkthroughs) to the design of applications and web sites.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Certificate and/or bachelor's degree and/or high school diploma or GED and an additional 4+ years of equivalent experience within the field
- 7+ years of experience providing Front End Development support
- US citizen
- TS/SCI clearance required
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
- Experience programing with front-end development (e.g., HTML5, CSS3, LESS, SASS, Responsive Design, and Bootstrap).
- Intermediate experience working in team environments that use Agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Lean) along with version control systems, specifically Git.
- Demonstrated experience implementing front-end, user experience design and development.
- Demonstrated experience applying best practices for web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a web and/or CMS applications.
- Minimum 5 years of experience implementing industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical resources, and web best practices.
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing in cloud-based DevOps environment.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g., JIRA, etc.).
#Chenega Defense & Aerospace Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program