Grants Administrator I- #0005679
Our world-class astronomical research center is based on the Johns Hopkins University Homewood campus in Baltimore, Maryland (Click here to learn more about our missions). This position could support working from home. Candidates must reside in or relocate to our local market (MD/DE/PA/VA/WV) and be able to report when needed.
As a member of our team you will apply the HST and JWST program policies, procedures, and regulations, including the Uniform Guidance (2CFR200), to award and manage NASA funded research grants to grant recipients. We will provide you with the necessary training and support required to successfully:
- Execute all grant activities in all phases of the grant life-cycle, including pre-award reviews, post-award monitoring and administration, and closeout.
- Work with investigators and research administration staff at institutions to assist with pre-award and proposal questions, evaluate eligibility, and determine cost allowability.
- Provide support and training to institutions related to understanding the STScI General Grant Provisions and using the Space Telescope Grants Management System (STGMS).
- Review business, financial, administrative, and management policies and practices to evaluate risks posed by recipient institutions. Based on your evaluation, you will identify and recommend appropriate levels of monitoring to the Grants Administration management team.
- Work with the management team to improve processes and respond to customer requests.
You must be a highly motivated and curious self-starter who thrives in a team environment and takes personal ownership and pride in your work. You must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Research Administration, Business Administration, or other area of study with transferable skills and abilities including:
- A commitment to excellence and customer service.
- The ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Attention to detail and the ability to find creative solutions.
- The ability to coordinate, plan, and prioritize multiple tasks or projects.
- Excellent time management skills.
- The ability to work on time sensitive projects and meet deadlines.
- A positive outlook and desire to support harmonious, respectful, and collaborative working relationships with co-workers, scientists, institutions, and government agencies.
- An aptitude for using software tools, with a strong proficiency with MS Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
This is a full-time position which requires a 40-hour work week during standard business work hours. Additional hours will occasionally be required and may include working evenings to complete special assignments, or to provide support to recipients in Central, Mountain, and Pacific time zones. Occasional travel may be required.
The starting position and salary are commensurate with education and experience. We offer an excellent and generous benefits package (Click here to explore our benefits). STScI provides a flexible and welcoming workspace for all (Click here to learn more about our culture).
TO APPLY: Share your experience by uploading a resume and completing an online application. Applications received by September 9, 2022 will receive full consideration. Applications received after this date will be considered until the position is filled.
Explore all career opportunities through our website at www.stsci.edu/opportunities
COVID Working Protocols: https://outerspace.stsci.edu/display/CWP
STScI embraces the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in creating a first-rate community. We reflect this deep dedication by strongly encouraging women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities (Click here to learn more about how we foster Diversity & Inclusion). Veterans, disabled individuals, or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at email@example.com EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
STScI sees the diversity of its staff as a strategic priority in our desire to create a first-rate scientific community. We reflect that deep dedication in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, STScI does not discriminate because of race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, or mental or physical handicap. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
If anyone needs assistance applying or making edits to a profile, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.