Senior Travel Coordinator
The Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA) is a non-profit organization whose role is to establish, build, nurture, and promote outstanding astronomical observatories and facilities that advance science and innovative research. AURA carries out the work through astronomical Centers, located in five states and two countries (USA and Chile), and staffed by 1,600 employees. Explore AURA- www.aura-astronomy.org
AURA missions and work impact the universe! We are looking for a Senior Travel Coordinator to provide executive-level travel coordination to AURA HQ staff, Governance/Committee members, and guests in the corporate office in Washington D.C. This is a full-time permanent position. Hybrid work environment- located in Washington DC.
Be an integral part of connecting our strategic leaders across the global AURA footprint:
- Research and procure cost-effective travel services, including airfare, hotel bookings, car rentals, current security-related travel guidelines, etc.
- Ensure compliance with and offer guidance on federal travel regulations and terms and conditions as applicable to AURA Corporate travelers, as required by AURA Policies and Procedures.
- Execute and submit all required travel documents in compliance with requirements and regulations, including travel expense reports; work with AURA’s Central Administrative Services (CAS) team to manage and issue reimbursements.
- Acquire and manage the required receipts and documentation for travel expenditures; provide such materials to the AURA Business Manager for AMEX/MasterCard reconciliation.
- Proven experience in travel program management.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of travel industry systems, tools, workflows, and procedures.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in the areas of corporate travel, travel risk management, and expense reporting.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government travel requirements (e.g. Federal Travel Regulations - FTR).
- Experience making independent travel decisions and executing responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of travel-related situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Ability educate stakeholders on federal travel guidelines and organization’s travel policies.
- Ability to independently handle and prioritize competing demands, including urgent and emergency requests.
- Excellent organizational skills including accuracy and attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills.
The position offers competitive compensation and out of this world benefits! First year- 24 days vacations, 2 ½ weeks sick time, 3 personal days + standard paid holidays! AURA pays 85% premiums for health care + AURA gives you 10% of your salary towards your retirement!
TO APPLY, use the link below to complete on-line application. Please upload a resume and a cover letter highlighting your interest in this role. Applications received by September 9, 2022 will receive full consideration.
As a recipient of U.S. Government funding, AURA is a government contractor and is subject to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. AURA and all of its centers recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender identity expression, lawful political affiliations, and/or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state, and local equal opportunity.
AURA sees the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in our desire to build a top-notch scientific community. We reflect that deep dedication in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities.
Veterans, disabled individuals or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at email@example.com. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V