As a Psychiatrist for CIA, you will provide medical care and advice to Agency employees, dependents, and other Agency sponsored people. Utilizing your medical expertise in a primarily consultative model, you will help advance the CIA mission where it intersects with psychiatric and broader behavioral issues. Variability of mental health resources around the world, access limitations to care in different regions, and mission requirements are all at play in your efforts to deliver the best opinions possible. You'll work and coordinate with a global set of USG medical and psychiatric colleagues while delivering care and consultation in various countries and under a multiplicity of clinical scenarios.
The capacity and commitment to serve globally is essential. Physicians spend most of their careers serving in multi-year assignments in a variety of overseas locations, but some opportunities exist to serve in the Washington, DC, area.
As part of our team you will receive excellent benefits and a variety of medical and non-medical training will be provided. Sign on incentives and moving expenses are reimbursed. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must apply online, while in the United States.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national U.S. citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC, area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- CIA is a drug-free workforce. The issue of illegal drug use is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
For further requirements information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire/requirements/ Qualifications
- Active unrestricted licensure as a physician in one or more states
- Active DEA registration
- Board certification in Psychiatry
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Medical Degree or DO Degree from U.S. Medical School
For more information on CIA careers and correct salary rates, visit https://www.cia.gov/careers
CIA Benefits: https://www.cia.gov/careers/working-at-cia/benefits/