RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day security tasks within your program office, to include the creation of security documentation that aligns with internal security procedures.
- You will analyze, evaluate and make recommendations concerning alternative approaches to program security protection policies, disclosure of information and accreditation processes.
- You will be in charge of the screening of program access requests and identify salient and pertinent points for adjudication and communication and liaison with DoD, Navy, Government Agencies, and other Security Offices.
- You will be the primary point of contact in providing security guidance and advice to High Level Program Managers and others on matters pertaining to Program Security data.
- You will oversee the security classification management of all documents/information generated in the Program Office.
QualificationsFor DA-04: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-09) or pay band (DA-03) in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Per the preliminary nationwide injunction on E.O. 14043, COVID-19 vaccinations will not be implemented or enforced. For more information on vaccine status and workplace safety protocol requirements see Additional Information below.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim or final Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
1) Overseeing and providing continuity of security for facility, personnel, visitor control, document control and all other security requirements; 2) Ensuring that access to Program Security Information is limited to cleared team members in accordance with all applicable directives, statutes, and dissemination instructions for handling of Classified/Sensitive Data 3) Providing security management, policy guidance and support to Program Office personnel members on all matters pertaining to protection program security procedures for special projects throughout the program life cycle; and 4) Managing all facility security requirements in accordance with physical security mandates such as the ICD 705 and other related mandates.For DA-03: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-5/8) or pay band (DA-02) in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
1) Maintaining facility, personnel, visitor control, document control and all other security requirements; 2) Accessing control database capabilities; 3) Handling visitor control and alarm systems; and 4) Managing all facility security requirements in accordance with the ICD 705 and other physical security mandates.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0000/security-administration-series-0080/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. EducationThe following education is qualifying is lieu of experience for the DA-04 level:
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, OR LL.M. Education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work of a Security Specialist. The following education is qualifying is lieu of experience for the DA-03 level:
master's or equivalent graduate degree, OR , 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, OR LL.B. or J.D. Education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work of a Security Specialist.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (https://www.ed.gov/). Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
If you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume. See OPM's General Policies for information on crediting education.https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-policies/%20-%20url=General-Policies
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying for further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html Additional informationCOVID VACCINATION INFORMATION:
To comply with the recent preliminary nationwide injunction on Executive Order 14043, Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees, the Department of the Navy is not taking any action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. New hires will need to provide their vaccination status as well as comply with workplace safety protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Several vacancies may be filled.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.
Certain incentives (such as Recruitment, Relocation or Student Loan Repayment) may be authorized to eligible selectees.
A relocation incentive is generally a single payment intended to offset some of the relocation costs experienced by the selectee. A relocation incentive may be authorized.
Vacancies filled from this announcement may be filled at any grade level listed.
If selected below the full performance level, you may be noncompetitively promoted to the next higher grade level after meeting all regulatory requirements, and upon the recommendation of management. Promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed.