Automation Support Coordinator
WHO ARE WE?
PEG, LLC is in its twenty-fifth year being a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States.
As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 170,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
WHO ARE YOU?
PEG, LLC is seeking a motivated, career, and customer-oriented Automation Support Coordinator to join the PEG Team and provide unparalleled support to our customers while beginning an exciting and rewarding career. The ideal candidate will be extremely detail-oriented, well organized, and self-motivated with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and manage time efficiently with limited oversight.
Automation Technology functions in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. The qualified candidate must recognize the significance of working efficiently while constantly staying on top of new technology, updates, and the evolution of automation processes within the company. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills which will be essential in communicating with multiple personalities, different career specialties, and levels of management.
This position is based in our main office in Fairfax, VA.
- Responsible for coordinating IT support requests (internally and with our IT Contractor) while documenting resolution steps and actions taken to assist in preventing similar problems from occurring in the future
- Work with PEG staff, either face-to-face, via email, or over the telephone, to help set up technology and/or resolve issues
- Perform maintenance on existing software programs, as required, to ensure that programs are working efficiently
- Create test cases, debug software issues, and assist in implementing enhancements/updates to existing software
- Collaborate with the Automation Team to fully understand each software update and clearly communicate the updates to our internal employees and external clients.
- Assist in coordinating automation processes that are currently in place
- Responsible for analyzing company and user needs to develop possible solutions via the use of automation
- Constantly challenge all automation processes within the organization to increase efficiencies and reduce operating time
- Assist with Mobile Device Management including issuing out devices to new hires, replacing devices, exchanging devices through insurance, keeping updated records in Meraki, and troubleshooting device issues with our Field employees
- Build new workstations, for office and remote employees, to ensure that employees have the necessary equipment
- Maintain existing workstations, as needed, and keep an inventory of all company technology equipment
- Update Company Technology Equipment Policies for all employees (Office, Remote, & Field)
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and consulting with vendors for hardware/software purchases, product services, and support
- Work with IT Contractor and PEG Operations to install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications and train end-users on how to set up and use new technologies
- Work with IT Contractor and PEG Operations to troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Contribute to team effort by cross-training in multiple departments to assist in the completion of project deadlines, as needed
- Assist Administrative Support Team, as needed, in answering phone calls
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Carry out other administrative tasks as needed such as mail distribution (USPS/FedEx), processing documents (i.e. letters, correspondence, reports, agendas, minutes), maintaining records with effective filing systems, and other related items.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience required
- Strong experience with modern Windows-based systems
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365 Administration, Software Licensing, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint
- Demonstrated ability to prepare comprehensive project documentation (requirements, system design, interface control documents, security, etc.)
- Familiarity with IT technologies such as networking, security, backup and recovery, and VPN
- Experience with providing support using and maintaining largescale software systems and/or databases is preferred
- Working experience with Mobile Device Management Platforms preferred
- Must have Full lifecycle application knowledge including but not limited to designing, coding, and debugging applications in various software languages.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- Must have strong interpersonal skills necessary to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Must be able to work independently, proactively, and handle multiple support requests at once to address employees' needs as efficiently as possible.
- Must be solution-oriented with efficient problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills required
Rewards and Benefits
PEG LLC offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Benefits include: • 20 Annual Paid Days Off (12 Days of PTO, Birthday PTO, & 7 Company Paid Holidays) • Company Sponsored Medical Insurance that includes a contribution of up to 50% off the monthly premium • Dental & Vision Insurance • 401(k) Retirement Plan with up to a 4% company match vested immediately • Basic Life & Supplemental Life • Short-Term & Long-Term Disability • Accident & Pet Insurance • Corporate Sponsored Events • Paid Professional Development & Salary Incentives through Learning/Certification Opportunities •
PEG LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.